Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-18-2023, 04:22 PM   #1
meepmeep
meepmeep began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Italics not working on Kobo Libra 2?

Hey everyone,

I have come across a problem. I noticed the italics on my book are not loading correctly onto my Kobo. I had forgotten my Kobo at home and decided to continue reading on my phone and noticed my entire book is filled with Italics when the protagonist is thinking.

The issue here was that, for some reason, my Kobo was not showing it. I went into Calibre editor and viewer and saw that. Indeed, my epub does contain Italics. I may have an issue when my book converts to a kepub and removes the formatting.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can get the italics working?

Plugins Installed:
KePub Metadata Reader (3.4.3)
KePub Metadata Writer (3.4.3)
KoboTouchExtend (3.6.3)
meepmeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 06:57 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Make sure Publisher font selected on ereader. The kepub conversion shouldn't affect fonts. But I only use epub on my Libra 2 and all other Kobos. I did use kepub at first but it doesn't match the desired layout, other epub ereaders or apps.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2023, 07:11 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
It may be the italics font is specified in the css and the kepub reader on a Kobo ignores it. The solution would be to use epub or replace the specified italics font in the css with just the italics style, without any specified font.

Last edited by Sirtel; 03-18-2023 at 07:13 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 07:40 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meepmeep View Post
Hey everyone,

I have come across a problem. I noticed the italics on my book are not loading correctly onto my Kobo. I had forgotten my Kobo at home and decided to continue reading on my phone and noticed my entire book is filled with Italics when the protagonist is thinking.

The issue here was that, for some reason, my Kobo was not showing it. I went into Calibre editor and viewer and saw that. Indeed, my epub does contain Italics. I may have an issue when my book converts to a kepub and removes the formatting.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can get the italics working?

Plugins Installed:
KePub Metadata Reader (3.4.3)
KePub Metadata Writer (3.4.3)
KoboTouchExtend (3.6.3)
Select one of the installed fonts such as Georgia. You should see Italics and if this is so, it's a problem with your user installed font family.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 07:59 PM   #5
Robert22
Zealot
Robert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PRS-505 600 300 350 T1 T2 Kindle PW1 PW2 KV Clara 2E Libra 2 Leaf 2
All my epub books are converted to kepub and I use a downloaded font. I do not have this problem, on either my Libra 2 and Clara 2E. Maybe the font that you are using does not have italics.
Robert22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert