Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-12-2023, 12:27 PM   #1
chillybang
chillybang began at the beginning.

Device: samsung s8
Calibre unaccessible, if library in Google Drive

After Calibre installation I added to it the path to library in my Google Drive. Since then I can't access it with the error "database is locked". Book import fails with the same error:
PHP Code:
Hinzufügen des Buches fehlgeschlagen:Лето волонтёра

C:\Users\Orlov.MEDIAWORXDE\Downloads\Lukyanenko_Izmenyonnye_4_Leto-volontyora.693139.fb2.epub
Mit Fehler
:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "calibre\gui2\add.py"line 458in add_book
  File 
"calibre\db\legacy.py"line 341in create_book_entry
  File 
"calibre\db\cache.py"line 77in call_func_with_lock
  File 
"calibre\db\cache.py"line 1969in create_book_entry
  File 
"calibre\db\backend.py"line 1022in execute
apsw
.BusyErrorBusyErrordatabase is locked 
What could I do? I see only deinstallation as hint
chillybang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 12:38 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillybang View Post
What could I do?
Better research maybe? Hopefully you've kept a good backup.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2023, 12:41 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Close Calibre and remove the library from Google Drive.

Open Calibre again. Go to Preferences > Run Welcome Wizard and the folder to your new library folder.

Then run Library > Library maintenance > Restore database. Expect this to take a while, a few hours at least. This will rebuild the database from the OPF backups.

If this doesn't work:
Create a new library. Do not put it in Google Drive.

Use Add from Folders and Subfolders and select your old library folder. This'll add your books to your new library.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 12:43 PM   #4
chillybang

my question was rather: what could I do to run Calibre with a library in Google Drive?

Calibre doesnt start anymore. Error:
PHP Code:
calibreversion 6.14.0
FEHLER
Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <b>BusyError</b>:BusyErrordatabase is locked

calibre 6.14  embedded
-pythonTrue
Windows
-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit''WindowsPE')
(
'Windows''10''10.0.19045')
Python 3.10.1
Windows
: ('10''10.0.19045''SP0''Multiprocessor Free')
Interface 
languagede
Traceback 
(most recent call last):

File "calibre\gui2\ui.py"line 1236in closeEvent
  File 
"calibre\gui2\ui.py"line 1081in write_settings
  File 
"calibre\gui2\init.py"line 812in save_layout_state
  File 
"calibre\gui2\library\views.py"line 835in save_state
  File 
"calibre\gui2\library\views.py"line 829in write_state
  File 
"calibre\db\cache.py"line 77in call_func_with_lock
  File 
"calibre\db\cache.py"line 913in set_pref
  File 
"calibre\db\backend.py"line 142in set
  File 
"calibre\db\backend.py"line 129in __setitem__
  File 
"calibre\db\backend.py"line 1022in execute
apsw
.BusyErrorBusyErrordatabase is locked 
Old 03-12-2023, 12:43 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Go read the Help: FAQ (kinda late on NAS/Cloud storage)
GD is known to be 100% incompatible with a Library (file structure)
(AFAIK You can Zip up your Library , The STORE that as a backup)

Every (new) user should absolutely read the FAQ before installing or changing things outside of Calibre.
Be wary, of the MR posts that say 'Works fine for me'. Some issues are listed because they are unpredictable. They are known to fail, just not when it will happen.

Calibre EXPECTS a local attached (internal or USB) drive and NO 2-way sync
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2023, 12:46 PM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
my question was rather: what could I do to run Calibre with a library in Google Drive?
You bloody don't! This was explained in the FAQ entry you were linked.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 12:48 PM   #7
chillybang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
You bloody don't! This was explained in the FAQ entry you were linked.
Hmm, with One Drive it worked for me like a charm... Thats the cause I'm asking.
Old 03-12-2023, 02:18 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Hmm, with One Drive it worked for me like a charm... Thats the cause I'm asking.
One Drive and Google Drive are two very different products. Google Drive loves adding a (number) to the end of folder names as part of it's versioning. Sadly, calibre adds a (number) to folder names as part of it's database recovery capability. A rather basic incompatibility.

Basically, using anything other than a locally attached drive for storing your calibre library is a disaster waiting to happen. One misstep and you will needing that recent backup—you do have backups?

To quote the FAQ you were given the link to:

Even with these tools there is danger of data corruption/loss, so only do this if you are willing to live with that risk. In particular, be aware that Google Drive is incompatible with calibre, if you put your calibre library in Google Drive, you will suffer data loss. See this thread for details.

I'm going to assume from your continued posts, that you did not read WARNING - Google Drive Incompatible with Calibre!.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote