Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-09-2023, 07:13 PM   #1
isflax
isflax began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4th gen
Margin keeps being rewritten based on ???

Hi, I'm making a poetry e-book. Final state should look like this. The css to it looks like this. Unfortunately, when I try to convert it to anything (my goal is pdf but even azw3 does this), it basically deletes the left and right margin in .poetry class. This state, however, is not given. It occurs once there is about 52 poems in. I tried reducing the number of poems (overall length of the book) and it seems to have problems at around 2000 rows (the ebook has also a preface that is around 100 rows long)? After that, it abandons the rule whatsoever and all the text in .poetry class is automatically aligned left. That looks like this. (The final state of the only 52 is here.)

What converting to azw3 does is it copies the margin rule but only converts it to margin-top and margin-bottom. That seems to be the issue I'm having but I might be doing something else that is also completely wrong.

If this explanation wasn't sufficient or if this post is in a wrong category, I'm sorry.
isflax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 07:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Turn off the setting to remove fake page margins in the structure detection section of the conversion dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2023, 07:21 PM   #3
isflax
isflax began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4th gen
Yes, that seems to have helped! Thank you very much! <3

But how come it wouldn't work on shorter files?
isflax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converting, epub, margin, pdf