Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-25-2023, 11:27 PM   #1
lwalper
lwalper began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unrecognized media type

When I open my epub I get this warning --

The OPF uses an unrecognized media type "text/xml" for file "toc.ncx" - A temporary media type of "application/x-dtbncx+xml" has been assigned. You should edit your OPF file to fix this problem.

When I open that content.opf file I do see--

<item id="ncx" href="toc.ncx" media-type="text/xml"/>

What am I supposed to do with that entry in the .opf file?
lwalper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 11:53 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Change the media type as shown so the line reads:

Code:
<item id="ncx" href="toc.ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml"/>
And perhaps ask yourself about getting epubs from dubious sources—the last time I saw that error was a file one of my co-workers had downloaded from a site rather well known for ebook piracy.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2023, 03:38 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Lets not get overly rambunctious with facts not in evidence, please.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:30 AM   #4
lwalper
lwalper began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
And perhaps ask yourself about getting epubs from dubious sources—the last time I saw that error was a file one of my co-workers had downloaded from a site rather well known for ebook piracy.
It's actually one that I built. That may be the "dubious" source.
lwalper is offline   Reply With Quote