Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-05-2023, 06:55 AM   #1
Mervin
Mervin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile sigil_toc_id sequence

Hi all, I am new to Sigil.
I want Sigil to have 'toc id' on the basis of the sequence in which I have my Table of Content. Is there a way to do it automatically or I have to do it manually ? I hope you understood my problem.
Mervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:19 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes, ids must be unique and need not be in any order. Simply use Create ToC tool in Sigil and it will renumber ids if not unique.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2023, 09:23 AM   #3
Mervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Yes, ids must be unique and need not be in any order. Simply use Create ToC tool in Sigil and it will renumber ids if not unique.
Sir, do you mean " Generate Table of Content" ?
Old 02-05-2023, 09:46 AM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes. That tool builds a completely new Table of Contents from the heading tags (h1 - h6) contents and it will insert and remove toc ids as needed. You should not need to manually adjust them. Save your current epub first to be safe or make a Checkpoint.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:58 AM   #5
Mervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Thank you sir.
Advert