Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2022, 06:23 PM   #2101
cormaca
cormaca began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
One for Pocket and Kobo to sort out, but highlights in pocket articles. That would make my reading to obsidian workflow much easier.
cormaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 04:00 AM   #2102
Y4P
Y4P began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia
Kobo Nia Instal From Scratch

Hello every body I can not found any intalation from scratch for my Kobo Nia.
I have instal the inkbook frimwear on it a find any roll back solution
Any one now how could I instal the kobo original firmwear back on it?
<3
Y4P is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2023, 11:42 PM   #2103
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Here's a request for the Android and PC apps:
annotations with a stylus

There are many PC devices with stylus support (convertibles, those with external drawing screens, etc.) and various tablets and phones (mostly from Samsung but also some from Lenovo and some older LG) which support styluses. Since they have incorporated direct annotation in books and PDFs on the Elipsa and sage, it would be nice to see them extend this functionality to Android and Windows (and I guess iPad for apple users). And maybe, one day, note synchronization. I understand not including the notebook function as they license that from Nebo and the apps are free, but I believe they use their own solution for (k)epub and PDF annotation so incorporating it should be viable.

Anyways, fingers crossed they do this, it could even attract/convert some users from PDF annotation apps and such
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 12:35 PM   #2104
Strrav
Enthusiast
Strrav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O edition 2
We Want Night mode on Kobo H2O V2 and a possibility to see the clock when we are reading
! it is simple! why we don t have that ? thanks !
Strrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 12:48 PM   #2105
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strrav View Post
We Want Night mode on Kobo H2O V2 and a possibility to see the clock when we are reading
I doubt Kobo will ever officially support Dark Mode for H2O since they give that as a plus for newer models. But you can easily enable it using NickelMenu.

For the clock, while waiting for Kobo to give us the option natively, you can install NickelClock
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2023, 03:31 PM   #2106
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strrav View Post
NickelMenu will let you get night mode on your H2O v2. I did so on my H2O v1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 02:27 PM   #2107
Nekrodamus
Nekrodamus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
My Kobo was perfect... until they added the clock.
I do not ask that they remove it, because if they added it it is because others wanted it.
I also don't care if some want a clock above the text, floating, shape changing, in different shades of gray, or each letter "o" being a micro clock.
The only thing I ask is that, just as recently, they included the possibility of choosing between the 12-hour format. or 24 hours, that give us the possibility of deactivating the clock, something as simple as an on/off switch.
Just that on/off.

Regards!!
Nekrodamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 06:29 AM   #2108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrodamus View Post
My Kobo was perfect... until they added the clock.
I do not ask that they remove it, because if they added it it is because others wanted it.
I also don't care if some want a clock above the text, floating, shape changing, in different shades of gray, or each letter "o" being a micro clock.
The only thing I ask is that, just as recently, they included the possibility of choosing between the 12-hour format. or 24 hours, that give us the possibility of deactivating the clock, something as simple as an on/off switch.
Just that on/off.

Regards!!
I don't get what's the issue with the clock. It's not visible while you are reading.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 04:47 AM   #2109
Strrav
Enthusiast
Strrav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
NickelMenu will let you get night mode on your H2O v2. I did so on my H2O v1.
Yes I know and really I love nickel and koreader, but it is now impossible to install it on my kobo H2O V2 since the new update (automatic, yes I know I had to turn off this option !!)
.Give me an error, and I didn't have any solution to install koreader since...And impossible to get back to a previous OS...
Thanks for your response
Strrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:26 AM   #2110
Grimaud
Guru
Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Grimaud could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS-650
Readium LCP support would be a great addition: borrowing books from my local library (in France) is a bit of hellish experience, especially with a recent MacBook Pro.

For a reason I don’t understand, if I’m transferring the borrowed book with ADE 4.5, the book can’t be read by my Kobo device because according to my reader I removed its ADE authorisation (I did not: I could read a book I bought locked by Adobe DRM and transferred with the same ADE 4.5 just fine).

It works with ADE 2, but the certificate of ADE 2 installer was only valid until 2017 (great user experience when you need to bypass an invalid certificate alert ) and, on top of that, it’s a 32-bit application, which means I had to install it on an old Mac, plugged in another room (the last macOS version to support 32-bit apps was release in 2018, support for it stopped 2 years ago and, AFAIK, it's not compatible with Apple Silicon).

If Kobo could take the LCP support they added to Tolino devices and add it to their own Kobo devices, it would be really extra nice: a growing number of French libraries are thinking about replacing ADE with LCP and the experience with ADE will only get worse…
Grimaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 09:24 AM   #2111
Gheidji
Gheidji began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo libra 2
Hello,

1)I would like to get a Quick acces to the dark mode. In fact, when I wake during the night, I could change easily white to black screen and not wake up my wife at 4 am
Right now, dark mod is in the second page of parameters , not very convenient.

2) I would like easy wireless export for my highlights directly to my mobile. That s very poor to get a such useless Bluetooth WiFi ebook reader.

3) Get more font and more Powerful dictionary

Have a nice day
Gheidji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 02:14 PM   #2112
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
About font You can install all font You need in the "fonts" folder on the root Kobo device. If there isn't that folder create it.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 03:00 PM   #2113
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheidji View Post

1)I would like to get a Quick acces to the dark mode. In fact, when I wake during the night, I could change easily white to black screen and not wake up my wife at 4 am
Right now, dark mod is in the second page of parameters , not very convenient.
In case you aren't aware, I believe you could use Nicklemenu and get it down to three taps.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 06:56 PM   #2114
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
More note templates for sage/Elipta
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 12:58 PM   #2115
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
wrong topic, sorry.
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo