Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-08-2023, 04:10 PM   #3736
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Epilogue is now out so the story is complete.
Thank you, yes, a very tender story.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 11:31 AM   #3737
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Only Bad Options is the Audible Daily Deal today at $3.99. Not sure if you have to be an Audible member to get this - I am currently on a trial membership, so I definitely see it.

Audible US: https://www.audible.com/pd/Only-Bad-...ook/B0BFK1443H

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I'm a bit late with my "best of 2022", but it's still only Jan 3, so here's my list:

{edited other books}

And although it's a lot of Jennifer Estep, I also really liked her self-pubbed Only Bad Options, which is definitely space opera/romance, and also a lot of fun. I'm glad to see that another one in this series is coming in July.

{edited other books}
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 09:52 AM   #3738
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cross-post to the Mystery thread for Daphne du Maurier's classic, Rebecca, which is $2.99 right now in the US: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4305596

Last edited by sufue; 03-11-2023 at 10:15 AM. Reason: decided main post should be in mystery, so I switched them around
Old 03-12-2023, 02:16 PM   #3739
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The House on Mulberry Street (Blue Cedar Falls #3) by Jeannie Chin (A-/5 stars)
  • Spotlight on Love by LJ Young (D-/1 star)
Also up to Blaze of Memory in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread. One of my favorites, but am taking a break for a bit before I reread it.

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 3-12.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	200288  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 03:09 PM   #3740
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, it has been both sides this week...
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:26 AM   #3741
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Aimless Witch by Shannon Mayer is the first in her Questing Witch series. It's free right now at Kindle US and UK.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CT38KNZ
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CT38KNZ

Spoiler:
Quote:
From the world of Rylee Adamson and the Elemental Series comes a heroine with nothing to lose and everything to prove….

“My name is Pamela, and I am a witch who has no equal.”

Or so I thought.

It has been three years since the Destroyer sundered our world. The land is no longer whole, but broken into pieces, most technology gone, and the continents shattered into an unrecognizable place.

New monsters have risen from the depths, adding danger on top of danger. Through it all the humans fight to survive as they compete not only with the supernaturals for food and resources, but their own kind as well.

And me? The caravans of humans I pass, they look to me to save them.

Only I am not the witch I once was. Bound by those who fear my power and my bloodline, I’m lucky if I can light a match with my magic, never mind protect anyone but myself.

Now, the darkness in me rises, offering me all that I want. Freedom from the chains I wear, and the power to make everything right. But if I embrace the darkness I will face a cost I could never have imagined…

The Questing Witch series can be enjoyed alone, but for the best experience, binge the rest of the Rylee Adamson World novels!
Old 03-14-2023, 12:47 PM   #3742
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Oh, and if you like the first one ^^^, I just noticed that the second in the series, Caravan Witch, is on Countdown for $0.99/£0.99 in the US/UK for about 2 1/2 or 3 more days.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FDHRN37
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FDHRN37

Spoiler:
Quote:
Readers have fallen in love with NYT Bestselling author Shannon Mayer’s skillful ability to weave heart-stopping action with characters who transcend the pages, and Pam is one of her most loved…

As if surviving the end of the world, and the theft of my powers weren’t enough on their own, a heaping pile of Ogre and a side of human raiders has been added to my plate while trying to feed our starving caravan.

The worst of what I face though is far harder to admit. My black magic takes it’s pound of flesh every time I use it, and each time the cost climbs. And yet, it calls to me, seducing me, all the while consuming little pieces of my soul. It’s a right bastard like that.

I don’t know how much longer I can withstand its strength, because in this world strength is safety, and safety is all I can offer those around me. May the gods have mercy on me, because I don’t have it in me to refuse the magic that blackens my blood any longer…

The Questing Witch series can be enjoyed alone, but for the best experience, binge the rest of the Rylee Adamson World novels!
Old 03-14-2023, 01:23 PM   #3743
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sale on Sleep No More by Jayne Ann Krentz (The Lost Night Files #1) which just released 10 weeks ago on Jan 3rd. $6.99

Spoiler:
New York Times bestselling author Jayne Ann Krentz returns with the first novel of the Lost Night Files, an exciting new romantic suspense trilogy about a night that changed three women forever—but that none of them can remember.

Seven months ago, Pallas Llewellyn, Talia March, and Amelia Rivers were strangers, until their fateful stay at the Lucent Springs Hotel. An earthquake and a fire partially destroyed the hotel, but the women have no memory of their time there. Now close friends, the three women co-host a podcast called the Lost Night Files, where they investigate cold cases and hope to connect with others who may have had a similar experience to theirs—an experience that has somehow enhanced the psychic abilities already present in each woman.

After receiving a tip for their podcast, Pallas travels to the small college town of Carnelian, California, to explore an abandoned asylum. Shaken by the dark energy she feels in the building, she is rushing out when she’s stopped by a dark figure—who turns out to be the women's mysterious tipster.

Ambrose Drake is certain he’s a witness to a murder, but without a body, everyone thinks he’s having delusions caused by extreme sleep deprivation. But Ambrose is positive something terrible happened at the Carnelian Sleep Institute the night he was there. Unable to find proof on his own, he approaches Pallas for help, only for her to realize that Ambrose, too, has a lost night that he can’t remember—one that may be connected to Pallas. Pallas and Ambrose conduct their investigation using the podcast as a cover, and while the townsfolk are eager to share what they know, it turns out there are others who are not so happy about their questions—and someone is willing to kill to keep the truth from coming out.

Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon
Old 03-19-2023, 12:53 PM   #3744
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The MD Meets His Match (The Alaskans #4) by Marie Ferrarella (C/2 stars)
  • Deadly Climb by Teri Thackston (B/4 stars)
  • Homecoming by Elizabeth Jennings (D/2 stars)
Also up to Kiss of Snow in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.

Purchased:
none
Old 03-26-2023, 10:39 AM   #3745
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Today's Big Deal at Kindle UK is "Romance Books on Sale". It's 15 books, a couple of which really drift into romantic suspense, or even all the way to mystery. I didn't see anything for me, just one I might buy, but probably not. But of course YMMV...

link to the sale page at Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?rh=n%3A4725112031&fs=true
Old 03-26-2023, 10:52 AM   #3746
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Practically Wicked (Haverston Family #3) by Alissa Johnson (A-/5 stars)
  • The Pepper Peach Murder (Luscious Delights #1) by Meg Benjamin (B-/3 stars)
Also up to Heart of Obsidian in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.

Purchased:
none
Old 03-27-2023, 06:56 PM   #3747
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Jessie Mihalik's Eclipse the Moon, which is the second in her Starlight's Shadow series was one of my favorite books of 2022. It's $1.99 right now in the US, probably today only. This is the first time I've seen it on sale for that price.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J51YV9Q
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/eclipse-the-moon

Spoiler:
Quote:
Kee Ildez has been many things: hacker, soldier, bounty hunter. She never expected to be a hero, but when a shadowy group of traitors starts trying to goad the galaxy’s two superpowers into instigating an interstellar war, Kee throws herself into the search to find out who is responsible—and stop them.

Digging up hidden information is her job, so hunting traitors should be a piece of cake, but the primary suspect spent years in the military, and someone powerful is still covering his tracks. Disrupting their plans will require the help of her entire team, including Varro Runkow, a Valovian weapons expert who makes her pulse race.

Quiet, grumpy, and incredibly handsome, Varro watches her with hot eyes but ignores all of her flirting, so Kee silently vows to keep her feelings strictly platonic. But that vow will be put to the test when she and Varro are forced to leave the safety of their ship and venture into enemy territory alone.

Cut off from the rest of their team, they must figure out how to work together—and fast—because a single misstep will cost thousands of lives.
Old 03-29-2023, 11:41 AM   #3748
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

A box set of the first three books in Annabel Chase's Starry Hollow Witches series is on Kindle Countdown for $0.99/£0.99 in both the US and UK, for 4 more days and change. The set contains: Magic & Murder, Magic & Mystery, and Magic & Mischief. These bill themselves as cozy mysteries, but from reading the blurbs, and having read some of Chase's other "cozy mysteries", these seem more like romances to me than mysteries, so I'm posting here...

Starry Hollow Witches: A Paranormal Cozy Mystery Box Set, Books 1-3
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N6JP5YQ
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N6JP5YQ

Spoiler:
Quote:
Welcome to Starry Hollow, where spells were made to be broken.

Magic & Murder, Book 1

Short on both cash and time, Ember Rose does her best as a single mom in New Jersey, serving up attitude along with repossession notices. When a repo job goes sideways, she and her daughter find themselves in imminent danger--until a visit from estranged relatives turns their world upside down. Ember, Marley, and their Yorkie are transported to Starry Hollow, a paranormal town where witches rule and magic is as normal as pizza. Where Ember goes, though, trouble seems to follow. When a member of the coven turns up dead and the sexy werewolf sheriff identifies Ember as a suspect, she decides to take matters into her own hands like only a Jersey girl can.

Magic & Mystery, Book 2

Ember Rose, descendant of the One True Witch and New Jersey transplant, is settling into her new life in Starry Hollow, along with her precocious daughter. It doesn't take long before Ember finds herself smack dab in the middle of another mystery. Someone is turning the town's most eligible bachelors into frogs, starting with her cousin Florian. Aunt Hyacinth insists that the newspaper investigate alongside Sheriff Nash because 'everybody knows werewolves track meat, not suspects.' Can Ember manage to catch the culprit or will these young princes of Starry Hollow be trapped as frogs forever?

Magic & Mischief, Book 3

When a handful of Starry Hollow residents experience their worst nightmares in real life, witch-in-training Ember Rose must use her budding journalist skills to figure out the who, what, why, when, where and how before it's too late. With both Sheriff Nash and Alec, her editor-in-chief, affected, the stakes have never been higher.

Will she manage to stop the curse before her own worst nightmare comes true?

These are full-length, humorous cozy mystery novels.

Last edited by sufue; 03-29-2023 at 12:11 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-29-2023, 12:09 PM   #3749
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Illusion Town by Jayne Castle on sale for $2.99 (World of Harmony #14/Arcane Society #20)

Spoiler:

A new adventure begins on Harmony…

With its opulent casinos and hotels, the desert city of Illusion Town is totally unique—and will take you on a thrill ride you’ll never forget.

Hannah West isn’t the first woman to wake up in Illusion Town married to a man she barely knows, but she has no memory of the ceremony at all. For that matter, neither does Elias Coppersmith, her new husband. All either can remember is that they were on the run…

With Hannah’s dubious background and shaky para-psych profile, she could have done much worse. The cooly competent mining heir arouses her curiosity—as well as other parts of her mind and body. And even her dust bunny likes him.

But a honeymoon spent retracing their footsteps leads Hannah and Elias into the twisting underground catacombs, where secrets from both their pasts will come to light—and where the energy of their clashing auras will grow hot enough to burn…

Penguin Random House (has links for the usual sites, may have to click the ebook section)
Old 03-29-2023, 12:28 PM   #3750
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Several years later, Hunting Ground is $1.99 again in the US. @Keslynn's link below is still good for Kindle US (although the Smile program is gone), and here's the link for Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/hunting-ground-1

And, the first book, Cry Wolf, seems to be semi-long-term at $2.99 these days, but with occasional excursions to $0.99. If I see it drop again to $0.99, I'll post, but if you want to read in order, $2.99 is not a horrible price either. Again, @Keslynn's link is still good for Kindle US, and here's the Kobo US link: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/cry-wolf-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keslynn View Post
Books 1 & 2 in the Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs are on sale:
Cry Wolf for $2.99
https://smile.amazon.com/Cry-Wolf-Al...dp/B0011UCPLU/

Hunting Ground for $1.99
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DW92Y8/

They were the same price at Kobo when I last checked.