Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-17-2023, 04:19 AM   #1
nano5
Connoisseur
nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Adding books - file name and metadata

Hello,

I have a magazine library in mobi format that once exported from calibre to hard disk, and the file name is "nyr-20151022" that was edited in calibre before library export.

when I create a new library and import the files, now by default calibre read the metadata and use the Title from the metadata as file name, instead of my edited file name as above, and that generate many duplicates since all the files/weekly magazines are from the same Publisher-Author etc.

If I uncheck the "Read metadata from file content rather than file name" in Preference when "Adding books", the the imported file name stays as "nyr-20151022" but all metadata will be lost during import.

How I can configure calibre to import the files as the same (file name, metadata) as they were once in calibre?

Thanks.
nano5 is offline   Reply With Quote