Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2022, 04:55 PM   #901
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yur View Post
I’m having the issue of images and titles in kepubified kepubs have left aligned headers, images and dividers where they should be centred, which ultimately ruins the design of those books. i’m wondering if this could be fixed with patches. i would love to have one for forcing images to centre in kepubs for example.
There's already a patch to make text alignment in kepubs less aggressive, Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml.

You can also try the simpler option (not a patch) of setting Justification to 'Off' in the [Aa] menu.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 05:26 PM   #902
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
There's already a patch to make text alignment in kepubs less aggressive, Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml.

You can also try the simpler option (not a patch) of setting Justification to 'Off' in the [Aa] menu.
When you set the justification in Aa, it screws with center justification.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 10:47 PM   #903
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When you set the justification in Aa, it screws with center justification.
Kepub centre/right justification is not messed up if you enable the patch I specified.
Old 12-27-2022, 05:59 PM   #904
Argon
Enthusiast
Argon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Oasis 3
Can you adjust or create an option for Remove footer (row3) on new home screen to preserve the unpatched home screen's layout of the remaining elements? As it is, this patch causes the open books row and the My Books row to move to the vertical center of the home screen, instead of merely creating a white space where the footer is, which I think looks worse than keeping the footer. Pictures are attached (unpatched and patched, respectively).

Thanks! I'm a big fan of this tool. The other ones I use are:

Spoiler:
  • Hide browser from beta features
  • Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading
  • Disable orphans/widows avoidance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unpatched.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	198628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Footer removed with patch.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	198629  
Argon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 06:08 PM   #905
Argon
Enthusiast
Argon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Oasis 3
Can you create a patch that hides browser search and Wikipedia search from the word lookup menu within a book? I already use Hide browser from beta features, but the very same browser and all of Wikipedia is still accessible here, which defeats what I would imagine is the purpose of the patch.

Thanks!

Last edited by Argon; 12-27-2022 at 09:17 PM.
Argon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 05:46 PM   #906
flitwick
flitwick began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I’m having an error with the ‘Increase kepub Chapter Progress Bar’ patch. Error says ReplaceZlibGroup: Not a zlib stream’

Any help is appreciated.
flitwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 11:21 PM   #907
johnson_chung
johnson_chung began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
I'm in China. Kobo shielded Chinese IP. I just want a patch can make me surf the internet so I can use getPocket. Thanks a lot.
johnson_chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 06:47 AM   #908
doki43
Enthusiast
doki43 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it possible to increase the size of the footnote viewer? If not, please consider this a request.
doki43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 10:05 AM   #909
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki43 View Post
Is it possible to increase the size of the footnote viewer? If not, please consider this a request.
I've looked through all the nickel CSS code I have access to and nothing I can see looks likely to be a candidate for the code which handles the size of the pop-up footnote box.

The only code I *can* see which might affect the cosmetic appearance of the footnote widget is:
  • the font-size of the header, i.e. the fixed text 'Footnote preview'
  • the padding gap between the footnote text and the edges of the pop-up box
Changing either/both of those may allow slightly more footnote text to be visible, but are almost certain to have a collateral effect in other (currently unknown) parts of the GUI. Only my opinion, but that doesn't sound particularly interesting, as patches go.

Not much else I can do, I'm afraid. @geek1011 may be able to do a deeper code dive, but I don't think he has much free time these days.
Old 03-11-2023, 04:51 AM   #910
doki43
Enthusiast
doki43 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I created a new thread for it but I will ask here as well:

- Is there any patch to fix the first/last line being cutoff?
doki43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 05:10 AM   #911
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by doki43 View Post
I created a new thread for it but I will ask here as well:

- Is there any patch to fix the first/last line being cutoff?
This is a known issue with KePub. I don't know which patch is causing this. You have to make the line height large enough or read ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 05:54 PM   #912
Diijakr
Diijakr began at the beginning.

Is it possible to create a patch that stops opening the book menu when you press the header or footer? It would be really useful to me as the way I hold the reader in bed causes me to sometimes open the menu when I tap to change the page.
Diijakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 07:30 AM   #913
katinka
Enthusiast
katinka began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Posted a thread about it earlier, but as a formal request:

Would it be possible to make a patch that removes the Activity button on the menu bar while in sideload mode? If it's not possible to remove it altogether, then maybe put it back in the More-sub menu where it's located with sideload mode off?

Thank you for all the great work!

Last edited by katinka; 04-28-2023 at 07:33 AM.
katinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 01:57 AM   #914
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diijakr View Post
Is it possible to create a patch that stops opening the book menu when you press the header or footer? It would be really useful to me as the way I hold the reader in bed causes me to sometimes open the menu when I tap to change the page.
Easy fix would be to change page change to swipe only.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 03:33 PM   #915
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I unintentionally open the quick book menu about half the time when I try to check the remaining battery percentage. I've been tempted to roll back to 4.33 just to avoid that annoyance, at times.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests