Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 11:54 AM   #436
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
PM sent
Old 02-15-2023, 02:23 PM   #437
remcodj
remcodj began at the beginning.

Device: N236
Hello David,

Thanks a lot for sharing!
I managed to get my kobo working again, so here's other success story!

Thanks again!

Regards,
Remco
Old 02-15-2023, 04:29 PM   #438
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're welcome and good to hear that you managed to revive your Kobo!
Old 03-03-2023, 07:30 PM   #439
geralou
geralou began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura edition 2 v2
Hello friends, first of all, I'm sorry for writing, I'm using a translator.
I sent my kobo aura reader edition 2 v2 (model n236) to be repaired. It was repaired and returned to me.
but, the sd had books that were not mine, and it was partitioned into 3 partitions. what I found different from normal. So I formatted the entire sd. and from that moment the reader was left brick, just a black screen with the word off. I tried to do a hard reset and it didn't work. Could it be that I have to reload an image? can you help me please ?
Old 03-03-2023, 09:41 PM   #440
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Did you format the uSD card or the exposed via a USB connection segment? If the latter, have you tried the manual factory reset? See Manual reset your Kobo Aura Edition 2 for the procedure.

If that doesn't help, please request the image.

Out of curiosity, who repaired your Kobo? Kobo or a 3rd party?
Old 03-04-2023, 08:16 AM   #441
geralou

Hello! Yes, the reader was repaired by a third party. Here in Argentina, there is no official Kobo service. The reader had gotten wet with water.

What I did was turn off the reader, extract the SD from the reader, and place it on the computer. From there, delete all partitions and create a single one in fat32. When you put the SD back in the reader, it does nothing, only the power off legend appears on the screen, and the led blinks.

The reset procedure does not work for me. I connect the reader to the power source, the led turns on, I hold it down, the led turns off and after that I press the 30 seconds, the led flashes, but on the screen, there are no changes. Tried doing it longer, and nothing works either
Could you give me an image to reset my equipment?
Old 03-04-2023, 12:54 PM   #442
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by geralou View Post
Hello! Yes, the reader was repaired by a third party. Here in Argentina, there is no official Kobo service. The reader had gotten wet with water.
3rd party repairs tends to be a crap shoot anywheres but it sounds as if they restored your uSD card using an image.

Quote:
What I did was turn off the reader, extract the SD from the reader, and place it on the computer. From there, delete all partitions and create a single one in fat32. When you put the SD back in the reader, it does nothing, only the power off legend appears on the screen, and the led blinks.
Congratulations, you destroyed the system and recovery partitions and overwrote your serial number. The third partition which was FAT32 would have been restored to factory if you had left the other partitions alone.

Quote:
The reset procedure does not work for me. I connect the reader to the power source, the led turns on, I hold it down, the led turns off and after that I press the 30 seconds, the led flashes, but on the screen, there are no changes. Tried doing it longer, and nothing works either
Could you give me an image to reset my equipment?
The factory reset procedure would not work since you wiped the partition that is used for factory recovery.

I'll send you the image link in a PM.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-04-2023 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-05-2023, 07:55 AM   #443
geralou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
3rd party repairs tends to be a crap shoot anywheres but it sounds as if they restored your uSD card using an image.

Congratulations, you destroyed the system and recovery partitions and overwrote your serial number. The third partition which was FAT32 would have been restored to factory if you had left the other partitions alone.

The factory reset procedure would not work since you wiped the partition that is used for factory recovery.

I'll send you the image link in a PM.
Hello!, I have been able to solve the problem of my reader.

It's funny, I would swear that before sending the ST. It had an 8gb sd memory. And in turn, now I have a 4gb.
On the other hand, the seventh digit of my serial number is a number, from what I would understand it is a kobo aura 2 v2 reader, and when trying to recover with the image for that model it did not work (it is also an 8g image). So I tried, the v1 image, which is 4gb and it worked fine. In turn take advantage and update the memory. Thanks for the help!!

Just one more question, what happens when do you lose the serial number?

Enviado desde mi M2103K19G mediante Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2023, 12:10 PM   #444
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Not much seems to happen when you lose the serial number. You can still register the Kobo and use it with a Kobo account.
Old 05-18-2023, 12:35 PM   #445
gluck
gluck began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Hi friends,
Do you have the firmware for a Kobo Aura version 2 4G SD card please?
Old 05-18-2023, 04:25 PM   #446
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PM sent
Old 05-18-2023, 06:14 PM   #447
gluck
gluck began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Thanks ;-)
Old 06-21-2023, 12:25 PM   #448
Tigerhell
Tigerhell began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA N236
Hello, my sd card is corrupted, can you send me an image of the SD card for an KOBO AURA Edition 2 - N236 ?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-21-2023, 12:27 PM   #449
Tigerhell
Tigerhell began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA N236
Hi !

Can you send me an image of the SD card for a KOBO AURA E2 (N236) ? Mine is corrupted.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-2023, 01:05 AM   #450
DNSB
Bibliophagist

@Tigerhell

PM sent.

You probably sent the second message because you couldn't see your first message. An anti-spam measure requires messages to be approved before they are visible until you reach a certain number of posts (~10).
Closed Thread