Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 09:58 AM   #1
ODelphi
Enthusiast
ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox N96
Book Reader Program for E-Ink Displays

Hello;

I am looking for the most suitable Book Reader Program for e-ink displays. An Android program. It can be downloaded from Google Play. Or it can be in apk format.

Did you find a nice program?
ODelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:32 AM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
It seems to be a matter of taste.

Many people like Moon Reader. It puts yous books into libraries and stuff like that.

My personal favorite is Alreader. It has a lot of features and its font customization is incredible. But the features are hard to find sometimes.

Also Coolreader is open-source and popular. But it doesn't support TOC.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2017, 11:20 AM   #3
ODelphi
Enthusiast
ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Moon Reader's menus do not look very good on the e-ink screen. I also installed Cool Reder. I will try the Alreader program, thanks.

I think a program that can back up the library be useful for everyone. books with their notes. At this point, we can access own library on every android device.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:55 AM   #4
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Some people like KOReader. It was designed for E-Ink. I don't know if it has all the features you are looking for, but the price is right (free). You can learn more about it here. I have tried it and I like it.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:27 PM   #5
ODelphi
Enthusiast

Thanks, I will try it too.
Advert
Old 03-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #6
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
I think that I must have bought or tested just about every e-reader app on the Play store and for e-ink I second the AlReader recommendation - the only negative is that it does not have a night-time mode when the e-ink preference is set.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:36 AM   #7
ODelphi
Enthusiast

Alreader can not be downloaded from my country from Google Play, interesting. I'm looking for Apk now.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:38 AM   #8
ODelphi
Enthusiast

In the meantime, Moon Reader seems to have a backup feature. But its menu don't look good on e-ink screen.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #9
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
you're not going to be spending a lot of time in the menus tho, to be fair
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #10
ODelphi
Enthusiast

You are right. But the menu looks difficult. Therefore it takes time to deal with the menu. Nevertheless Moon Reader is a good option.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:50 PM   #11
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
I think that I must have bought or tested just about every e-reader app on the Play store and for e-ink I second the AlReader recommendation - the only negative is that it does not have a night-time mode when the e-ink preference is set.
True. I think I prefer the older versions to the new version with the sliding panel. The scrolling panel thing doesn't suit e-ink. It came pre-installed on my reader. I may junk it and install the older version.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:15 PM   #12
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODelphi View Post
You are right. But the menu looks difficult. Therefore it takes time to deal with the menu. Nevertheless Moon Reader is a good option.
Moon Reader is actually my preferred reader on my Boyue T63. I only use the menu to set my preferences: Outdoor Theme (best for E-Ink, I think), font size, and all. Then, I never touch the menu again!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:34 AM   #13
ODelphi
Enthusiast

Thanks

It is also curious about Moon Reader:

Most e-readers are save the notes of all books in one file. We are upload hundreds of books and documents over time. The size of that file is growing too. The file is having difficulty running. And it can break down. So it's dangerous. Programs can creating a separate note file for each book. For example, Sony Reader is clogging due to the size of own file. The situation too for Kindle will be the same.

Can we trust Moon Reader? Is there anyone in the library who has accumulated hundreds of books and documents, still sees Moon Reader working properly? Because it has to be known before the library is build. Maybe we should not expect very things. :-)
Old 04-13-2017, 02:32 AM   #14
tancbzero
tancbzero began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62D
I voted Alreader for .prc and .epub ebook , it load faster than ebook reader other, and it also have many customize . And with pdf book, manga file i use perfect viewer .
tancbzero is offline   Reply With Quote