Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
Tacitusian
Tacitusian began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 KitKat 4.4
Problem with Calibre Companion and Aldiko reader

I changed from using Calibre with Kindle to using it with Nexus 7 (kit kat) and Calibre Companion and Aldiko eReader. I have downloaded my books to C. Companion but Aldiko does not see them. Aldiko has added a folder 'Calibre Companion' but the books are not included. Any advice would be appreciated.
Tacitusian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Aldiko is one of the readers that requires you to "import" the books into it. IIRC it won't display any books until you do that. However, as I don't use Aldiko I could easily be wrong. Others on this forum do have experience with aldiko, and I hope they can provide more exact information.

Out of curiosity, why did you choose aldiko? It is often useful for us to know why people choose different reader apps.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #3
Tacitusian
Tacitusian began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 KitKat 4.4
Thank you Chaley for such a prompt response. My only reason for deciding on Aldiko is because I came across the name in some thread as a worthwhile eReader. Perhaps its first letter 'A' had an influence, giving it pride of place in any list.
Anyway, I took heed of your comment, installed another reader (Moon + reader) and, lo and behold, it worked straight away. Thanks again for your help.
Tacitusian is offline   Reply With Quote