Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #46
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
Is there really a market for this? People use their smart phones for texting, taking pictures, video, and internet. I can't see how an e-ink display is at all suitable for any of those activities.

I might be interested in it only as an easily pocketed ereader, but I can't see it taking the place of my real smartphone.
As several of us said above--we don't have a smartphone and don't want one. I have little need for pictures and zero need for video and so on. So I think there is a market. Now how big that might be...
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:52 PM   #47
Philju
Enthusiast
Philju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
I'll gonna buy one as soon as there is a successor with Android 4.0 and a larger screen available. In my opinion, the screen size could be optimized. Presently too much space in the lower part of the front side of the device is wasted.

I need to replace my cell phone (from 2001) and PDA (Palm m505) and the E-ink phone for me is a perfect choice.
Philju is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #48
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:05 PM   #49
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
An interview between two people, both of whom can barely speak English, is hardly the ideal way to find out about a product.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #50
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
An interview between two people, both of whom can barely speak English, is hardly the ideal way to find out about a product.
But you can get the gist of it: work-in-progress.
Advert
Old 06-29-2014, 05:30 AM   #51
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
But you can get the gist of it: work-in-progress.
I suspect, from the fact that the interviewer asks if it will be available by Christmas, that the interview took place last autumn. I imagine that quite a lot will have changed since then. Thanks for posting it - it was interesting to watch.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:41 AM   #52
Sil_liS
Wizard

Quote:
I suspect, from the fact that the interviewer asks if it will be available by Christmas, that the interview took place last autumn. I imagine that quite a lot will have changed since then. Thanks for posting it - it was interesting to watch.
I found it in this article. But you are right, the youtube video was published last October.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:51 AM   #53
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
What if you are? You won't see the light, and its battery drain is negligible.
That's not true. On the Kindle Paperwhite 1/2 the light is clearly visible.

I think it's very annoying. Luckily I was able to disable it on the Kindle PW1/2.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #54
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
That's not true. On the Kindle Paperwhite 1/2 the light is clearly visible.

I think it's very annoying. Luckily I was able to disable it on the Kindle PW1/2.
It's not visible in sunlight, which is the previous poster was asking about.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #55
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
how about it? are people whining already that Candy Crush looks horrid?
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:00 AM   #56
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
how about it? are people whining already that Candy Crush looks horrid?
As the webpage announced ("After July 4th"): Shipping has not started yet.

But I know they are currently double-checking the pre-orders they got ...

Edit July 3rd:

They did start shipping.

Last edited by beachwanderer; 07-03-2014 at 03:59 PM.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #57
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry about not being able to throw in some english notes about the E43 at the moment but over here in the german subforum I've posted some first notes and photos.

Have fun.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #58
Open sesame
Open sesame began at the beginning.

Device: Boox e43
E43

Hi

Got my e43 ink phone today. Very disappointing. I can't make or receive calls or browse. Only attaches to network and allows to perform *xxxxx# type ussd operation.

Can't believe I paid good money for this . Sent mail to customer support, they sent it to their service guys and I'm still waiting for response.
Open sesame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:33 AM   #59
beachwanderer
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open sesame View Post
Hi
Got my e43 ink phone today. Very disappointing. I can't make or receive calls or browse. Only attaches to network and allows to perform *xxxxx# type ussd operation.
Hm. Hope it works out for you. No problems with the phone functions of the E43 with one of the standard providers here in Germany with GSM (1800) and EDGE. Speech quality is ok.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:53 AM   #60
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open sesame View Post
Hi

Can't believe I paid good money for this . Sent mail to customer support, they sent it to their service guys and I'm still waiting for response.
That sounds like a problem with your SIM card rather than with the phone. What makes you believe that the fault lies with the device?