Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #61
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
I mostly read on my Sony. I'm slowly replacing my pbacks as they become available as ebooks and as my budget allows. I still read my pbacks of romance or mystery books, as many of my fav authors' older books aren't available as ebooks (hopefully that will change soon).
Right now, I can't see replacing my hback/pback history books with ebooks. And I have several children's series that I'm unsure of replacing. I can't imagine reading to a child from a reader. However, I'm tempted to get the Nancy Drew on ebooks but I have over 200 of them btwn hback and pback and that was only 10 years of buying them over 15 years ago (I'm way behind in my collection).
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:02 PM   #62
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
This kinda fits this topic- sorta

Do the lighted Sony covers actually work and could I read 6 or 7 books in a 2 week period without recharging?
It depends how much you use the light. I read constantly, and without the light can go a week or more without charging. Since I use the light quite a bit, I charge more often. I read l, generally, 5-10 books a week. I haven't bought/read a single pbook since I got my first Sony 2+ years ago. Between PD and ebooks already out I am a happy camper. There are some books I would like to see in eBook formats, but I'll wait.

I still love shopping in bookstores, only now I take notes and the go home and buy. However, since B & N came out w/WiFi I can make my purchases from my Touch and then go home and upload to my Sony.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2009, 11:15 PM   #63
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
So the light does work well, hey? We are leaving for VC sunday. Gone over 2 weeks. Have 2 pbooks the rest are ebooks. I do have a fallback if the battery runs out, a card full of books for my PDA which I can recharge.

Thanks!
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #64
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
My preference nowadays is to look for an ebook version first, and only get the pBook version if really, really want the book and can't wait.

There are a couple of reasons for this preference.

First, I love the convinence of being able to read a book easily,on my reader or phone, letting me carry a wide variety which i can read depending on my mood. (8 books ongoing right now)

Also as I travel a lot internationally, especially to the Middle East, finding books i'm intrested in Paper is really difficult. In countries like Lebanon and Egypt, finding any books except the latest bestsellers is difficult, and when you do find them, they're pretty expensive.

With eBooks I can be anywhere in the world, and if I have a net connection can easily get new reading material, usually at a very reasonable rate.

Finally, with all the travelling, its a pain to store all the pBooks, and rember which country I left them in

With my Upcoming move overseas later this year, I'm working on how to move 200 books, both Paper and hardback. Those are just the ones I want to keep, and gotten rid of double that and will do so again before leaving.

Let me tell you there is no easy or cheap way to move a lot of books internationally
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote