Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #1
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Kobo Aura Two?

Is it crazy to be waiting for a Kobo Aura Two, or Kobo Aura One 2?
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #2
JeanPierre
Zealot
JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I hope not, since I am hoping for exactly the same thing
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
I think the Forma is the Kobo Aura Two. Having a second premium large screened reader that would compete with the Forma seems like a bad idea.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #4
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
But the Forma’s form is so annoying
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:33 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Or a Kobo Aura Two 1.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2019, 09:51 PM   #6
spoonm
spoonm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE LE
Quote:
I agree with you. I would've gotten the Forma had it had a symmetrical shape, but decided to go with the Aura ONE instead, hoping that the 0.2" decrease in size will be negligible. As already stated in the thread, though, having a large screen competitor for the Forma would be a bad idea for Kobo/Rakuten.
spoonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:34 AM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Humm they already have a Kobo Aura 2nd ed. Doubt they use the name over again.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:30 AM   #8
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Humm they already have a Kobo Aura 2nd ed. Doubt they use the name over again.
Never say never. Just look at the USB 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:53 AM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Personally, I'm waiting for the (waterproof) Clara HD 2. A 6" reader that is waterproof, 300 DPI and has the color changing light would be good enough to get me to move on from my Aura and Glowlight Plus.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #10
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Personally, I'm waiting for the (waterproof) Clara HD 2. A 6" reader that is waterproof, 300 DPI and has the color changing light would be good enough to get me to move on from my Aura and Glowlight Plus.
That, if it was released, would probably be the "do it all" version and would be more than welcomed.

After that, I wonder what "gadget" they'll think to add next since the development of eInk screens seems rather really slow and there's so much you can add before hitting a gimmick brickwall.

Personally I think my next upgrade will be when(ever) the screens have a better contrast ratio.

It's about due, seriously. I still read on my iPhone for about 50% of the time because I enjoy the pure white on black!
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:42 PM   #11
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
That, if it was released, would probably be the "do it all" version and would be more than welcomed.

After that, I wonder what "gadget" they'll think to add next since the development of eInk screens seems rather really slow and there's so much you can add before hitting a gimmick brickwall.

Personally I think my next upgrade will be when(ever) the screens have a better contrast ratio.

It's about due, seriously. I still read on my iPhone for about 50% of the time because I enjoy the pure white on black!
I do think whoever is first up with one of those babies will sell a zillion of them. Then the other companies will release they versions and e-readers will stagnate until e-ink introduces a new screen.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #12
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Have you missed Pocketbook HD 3?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:46 PM   #13
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Have you missed Pocketbook HD 3?
Guess so. Pocketbook isn't for sale in the US, so it's not one I check.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:11 PM   #14
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
I find it more functional and convenient than the Aura One. The touch screen on the Aura One isn't that great (we're trained to the responsiveness of capacitive screens these days, which the Aura doesn't really match), and I find finger prints particularly annoying, so I didn't like that I had to touch the screen all the time. I also found the thin bezel made holding the A1 much more difficult without accidentally triggering touches, but maybe that's just me.

Kobo did things to improve the experience of the device as a reader, and I think work.
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:23 PM   #15
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I agree that the Aura One could use a bit of refinement to be the perfect reader. Fix the touchscreen and replace the RGB LED's with the new orange onces. (running under the assumption that the Coloured RGB LED's are a big part of A1's lackluster battery performance.)

But then again, the Aura One has a near unmatched screen clarity that makes the display look just a little bit more polished than anything else.. I suspect the changes I proposed would ruin that.

Last edited by rashkae; 03-14-2019 at 09:25 PM.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote