Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2015, 07:10 AM   #61
Kobo_Mao
Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post

I'll just have to find another / more reliable way to detect standby.

I trust in you!
Kobo_Mao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:14 AM   #62
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
No, it's due to whatever changes Kobo made to their firmware. Although I'm not sure why it would work for Cecel3000 in that case. Maybe installed Mark 5 firmware on a Mark 4 device or something like that? (not recommended)

I'll just have to find another / more reliable way to detect standby.
Not very elegant, but reliable is
this approach, I guess. Edit: Seems not to be possible any longer.

Last edited by tshering; 05-01-2015 at 07:18 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2015, 04:56 PM   #63
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
logread of my kobo glo (mark4 firmware) pressing power button (one time):
Spoiler:
[root@(none) ~]# logread -f
May 1 17:17:29 nickel: void NetworkAccessManager::dumpError(QNetworkReply::Net workError) "Protocol "" is unknown" ""
May 1 17:17:29 nickel: void NetworkAccessManager::dumpError(QNetworkReply::Net workError) "Protocol "" is unknown" ""
May 1 17:17:30 nickel: void NetworkAccessManager::dumpError(QNetworkReply::Net workError) "Protocol "" is unknown" ""
May 1 17:17:31 nickel: void NetworkAccessManager::dumpError(QNetworkReply::Net workError) "Protocol "" is unknown" ""
May 1 17:17:33 nickel: QWidget(0x54fd78, name = "infoContainer") does not have a property named "leftMargin"
May 1 17:17:33 nickel: QWidget(0x54fd78, name = "infoContainer") does not have a property named "rightMargin"
May 1 17:17:33 nickel: QWidget(0x54fd78, name = "infoContainer") does not have a property named "bottomMargin"
May 1 17:17:33 nickel: QWidget(0x54fd78, name = "infoContainer") does not have a property named "spacing"
May 1 17:17:33 nickel: QWidget(0x54fd78, name = "infoContainer") does not have a property named "leftMargin"
May 1 17:17:33 nickel: QWidget(0x54fd78, name = "infoContainer") does not have a property named "rightMargin"
May 1 17:17:33 nickel: QWidget(0x54fd78, name = "infoContainer") does not have a property named "bottomMargin"
May 1 17:17:33 nickel: QWidget(0x54fd78, name = "infoContainer") does not have a property named "spacing"
May 1 17:17:34 nickel: void NetworkAccessManager::dumpError(QNetworkReply::Net workError) "Protocol "" is unknown" ""
May 1 17:17:34 nickel: void NetworkAccessManager::dumpError(QNetworkReply::Net workError) "Protocol "" is unknown" ""
May 1 17:17:35 nickel: void NetworkAccessManager::dumpError(QNetworkReply::Net workError) "Protocol "" is unknown" ""
May 1 17:17:36 nickel: void NetworkAccessManager::dumpError(QNetworkReply::Net workError) "Protocol "" is unknown" ""
^C[root@(none) ~]#

Cecell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:27 PM   #64
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Wild guess: different place in the UI from where people flicked the switch? (i.e., homescreen vs. reader, or different types of tiles shown on the homescreen, or something to that effect).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #65
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Cecell3000: that's the same as on my H2O and works for me, (and hence for you). Not just when testing with the power switch but also when the reader just sits idle with an open book and hits the regular suspend timeout. Not sure what this message means "nickel: QWidget(0x54fd78, name = "infoContainer") does not have a property named "spacing" but so far for me it only occured while going into standby and thus it is what the mod is using now...

Why you have these messages on your Glo while other people do not, remains a mystery. Maybe it's related to some setting in the kobo ereader config or whatever...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2015, 02:05 PM   #66
Kobo_Mao
Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Why you have these messages on your Glo while other people do not, remains a mystery. Maybe it's related to some setting in the kobo ereader config or whatever...

I'm down...
It does not work on my Glo.
How can I uninstall it?
How can i write a ".ScreenSaver / uninstall" file?
Thank's!
Old 05-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #67
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo_Mao View Post
I'm down...
It does not work on my Glo.
How can I uninstall it?
How can i write a ".ScreenSaver / uninstall" file?
Thank's!
If the question is how to make a dot-folder under Windows, you can do it from the command line prompt (cmd.exe), or if you need to use the file explorer you have to write ".ScreenSaver." (a dot at the end!) as its name when creating the folder.

Last edited by tshering; 05-02-2015 at 02:17 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #68
Kobo_Mao

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
If the question is how to make a dot-folder under Windows, you can do it from the command line prompt (cmd.exe), or if you need to use the file explorer you have to write ".ScreenSaver." (a dot at the end!) as its name when creating the folder.

Can you do a example?

Thank's!
Old 05-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #69
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

create an empty file (or, if that's easier for you, an empty directory works just as well) and just name it "uninstall" without any extensions. This inside the .screensaver directory which should have been created when you installed the mod.

Edit: Oh, I guess it won't work for you either, since it only checks for uninstall whenever it's about to display the screensaver, which it doesn't do for you, so ... you're kind of stuck with it :P
Old 05-09-2015, 08:18 AM   #70
earphorny
earphorny began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o, nook
@frostschutz: Thanks for useful hack. It allowed me to set my favorite pictures that I had on sleeping NST. I really miss them on h2o.

PS Can you edit 1st post and attach recent version of your hack?
earphorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:05 AM   #71
The Maid
The Maid began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Help just joined! How many lights make up the Comfortlight?

Hi, I have just registered and cannot find my way around this site. My problem is with the Kobo Aura H2O I have just exchanged for the third time at a well known store here in the UK.

Could someone tell me how many lights should be visible at the bottom of the screen when the brightness is set above 0% as I can only see 4 and it looks like the far left one is not working. I am sure that the previous ones I have had had 5 lights.

If it should be 5 then I will have to go back to the store again. My first one (bought 12 days ago froze after 1 week of use, the others were both damaged on the front bezel.

Not happy with Kobo
The Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #72
frostschutz
Linux User

There are 5 LED at the bottom as you can see in this picture:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...6&d=1418158153

But that does not mean you can actually see them, the bezel should hide them.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:02 AM   #73
The Maid
The Maid began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thumbs up Mission accomplished

Thanks, I got it exchanged yesterday and now have a Kobo Aura H2O with 5 lights which you can only see if you tilt it towards you. Is normal to have an afterimage of area you have pressed eg "see more"" sometimes?

I'm glad that I preserved through four exchanges to get one with a perfect exterior and a less yellow screen What is Kobo's quality control like?!!:

PS Why does an advert appear in my post?
PPS Now it's gone!

Last edited by The Maid; 05-15-2015 at 05:05 AM. Reason: questio
The Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:30 AM   #74
frostschutz
Linux User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maid View Post
Is normal to have an afterimage of area you have pressed eg "see more"" sometimes?
Yes, it's a downside of the eink technology, it needs full screen refresh to get rid of ghosting. Using menus and such things that do only partial screen updates can leave afterimages behind but it should go away when reading normally unless you somehow disabled screen refreshes in your settings.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:37 AM   #75
barobach_so
Connoisseur
barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.

Device: kobo h2o
hi
doesn't work on h2o 3.15
i unchecked the cover settings but still doesn't work
it makes the .screensaver folder but only shows white sleep screen
barobach_so is offline   Reply With Quote