Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-25-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
Rindr
Rindr will become famous soon enoughRindr will become famous soon enoughRindr will become famous soon enoughRindr will become famous soon enoughRindr will become famous soon enoughRindr will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Question What font is best to use for viewing CSS in Sigil?

Hello.
I am fairly new to Sigil and a complete novice at coding but am teaching myself CSS by trying different things in Sigil in my ebook, "CSS experiment"

I was working in Sigil with my Stylesheet and in Code View and was wondering if there is a font that would be better/more user friendly to use?

(For clarification: Not an embedded font in the ebook but one for viewing CSS in Sigil.)

I am using "Courier New" at the moment (it was the default one in Sigil).

Any ideas or opinions are most welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Rindr

PS. I couldn't find any similar threads where this question was asked/answered but if there are any, a link would be much appreciated.
Rindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:25 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Code view font is independent of the book.
In the Sigil context: CSS, OPF, NCX are all 'code view'

Since this has no effect on the saved book, pick whatever
I happen to use: consolas 14pt (on W10) as being easy on my old eyes
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔️ - but 12pt, specified in Edit->Preferences->Appearance

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:02 PM   #4
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rindr View Post
I was working in Sigil with my Stylesheet and in Code View and was wondering if there is a font that would be better/more user friendly to use?
Source Code Pro is also a good Monospace font created by Adobe:

https://github.com/adobe-fonts/sourc...ro%2F1.050R-it

If you install the OTF font, it should appear in your font list.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I second Source Code Pro. It is my default monospace font for Sigil, Visual Studio (Code) and Notepad++.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:33 PM   #6
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
...If you install the OTF font, it should appear in your font list.
Thank you so much for this tip! I had no idea you could add fonts to Sigil simply by adding them to your system. But duh, of course it would work that way I am so dense — and so happy with this new-for-me ability
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
code view, code view font, sigil, stylesheet