Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #121
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Immortal View Post
tshering, may I ask you why don't you build in KoboTelnet into KSM?
One point is that every user can easily install this package herself. Another point is that it might overwrite files that the user has already modified. And I want the user to decide by himself whether to allow constantly telnet access.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:51 PM   #122
Biep
Enthusiast
Biep began at the beginning.

Device: Tobo Touch 2.0; Kobo Aura One
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I am glad you like the webinterface.
Actually, I do not think that the behaviour you mention is caused by you playing with it. KSM starts by default nickel after about 20 seconds, when there was no user interaction.
Funny. I have had KSM for quite a while now, and never noticed that. Undoubtedly you are right, though. There is no way to switch off that behaviour - now or in a future version of KSM?
Biep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:32 AM   #123
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biep View Post
Funny. I have had KSM for quite a while now, and never noticed that. Undoubtedly you are right, though. There is no way to switch off that behaviour - now or in a future version of KSM?
With "configure" from the main menu you can change the value of ksmAutoselectafter in the section [general] by selection from a certain range. You can add further values by editing .adds\kbmenu_user\confoptions\ksm_ini_options.txt. I would recommend to set a high value there, instead of dismissing auto selection completely.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:26 PM   #124
Biep
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
With "configure" from the main menu you can change the value of ksmAutoselectafter in the section [general] by selection from a certain range. You can add further values by editing .adds\kbmenu_user\confoptions\ksm_ini_options.txt. I would recommend to set a high value there, instead of dismissing auto selection completely.
Found it! Nice feature, to have those "potential values" there. Much safer than having people type from scratch.

I had one value in [general], suppressEntries. What does that do exactly? It has a value that starts with +rmc_stop+rmc_start+info+tog.. and then it runs offscreen.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:22 PM   #125
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Found it! Nice feature, to have those "potential values" there. Much safer than having people type from scratch.

I had one value in [general], suppressEntries. What does that do exactly? It has a value that starts with +rmc_stop+rmc_start+info+tog.. and then it runs offscreen.
In the main menu, there is the entry "toggle between full and short menu". When you toggle to full menu, all available entries of the main menu are displayed, and when you toggle to short menu, only a selection is displayed. The key suppressEntries allows you to define which entries you don't want to see in the short menu. There are 4 predefined values for this key:

Code:
suppressEntries=
suppressEntries=+toggle_rotation+start_vlasovsoftlauncher+koreader_additions+wifi+configure+tools+scripts+user_scripts+reboot+
suppressEntries=+rmc_stop+rmc_start+info+toggle_rotation+start_vlasovsoftlauncher+koreader_additions+configure+tools+scripts+user_scripts+reboot+
suppressEntries=+koreader_additions+
When you choose the first "suppressEntries=", the entry "toggle btw full and short menu" will not be displayed. When you choose one of the other values, the commands listed will not appear in the short menu.
As with all keys you can edit the values according to your needs (you have to use a unix style editor). The file is .adds\kbmenu_user\confoptions\ksm_ini_options.txt.

Last edited by tshering; 02-23-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:36 AM   #126
Biep
Enthusiast

Nice!
Would there be a way to get Frotz in the main menu? For me it is on the same level as the readers: I choose either to read a text or to play a game.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:06 AM   #127
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Nice!
Would there be a way to get Frotz in the main menu? For me it is on the same level as the readers: I choose either to read a text or to play a game.
Yes there would. However, the package I uploaded day before yesterday or so seems to work only on some models. I tried it yesterday myself on a Touch and the screen orientation was wrong. Maybe this should be fixed first before integrating Frotz into the main menu.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:07 AM   #128
Biep
Enthusiast

OK, waiting for that then..

My ideal setup would be like this:
- Starting in KSM
- Choosing a file manager (with Plato-like abilities to zoom in to the category of files that I want)
- Choosing a file to execute, and having the right program do it (KOReader for many documents; Frotz for IF files, and so on - according to my file association settings).

In KSM I'd also be able to choose "puzzles", leading me to Simon Tatham's collection..
Old 03-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #129
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
I am on windows 10 version 1809, I tried to get the rndis driver working again following the kindle instructions, while my kobo is detected as rndis and I try to apply legacy driver it says the newest driver is already installed. Is there any workaround to get it to work?
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #130
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You don't need any extra drivers on Win10, AFAIR, it's supported by default.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #131
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
Ah thanks it works.
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote