Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
Goshzilla
Zealot
Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket Ebook 1150
case crack

Didn't think it would happen to me, but the page turning button on the right hand side has begun a hairline crack, turns out having a front panel made from thin plastic can easily be a problem for this design because of the stress put on the panel that functions as a page turning button.

I called BN service and they told me I could have it replaced, but since I didn't get the extended warranty I'll only be able to keep exchanging it for a year.

So where does it leave me? I guess 284 bucks for a product that has no replacement parts.
Goshzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshzilla View Post
Didn't think it would happen to me, but the page turning button on the right hand side has begun a hairline crack, turns out having a front panel made from thin plastic can easily be a problem for this design because of the stress put on the panel that functions as a page turning button.

I called BN service and they told me I could have it replaced, but since I didn't get the extended warranty I'll only be able to keep exchanging it for a year.

So where does it leave me? I guess 284 bucks for a product that has no replacement parts.
I wouldn't worry about it happening again. It doesn't seem to be an issue with a lot of owners. If so there would be a lot of people complaining about it. If it becomes a problem experienced by a lot of people I would assume B&N would take care of it past the warranty period.

~eddie
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert