Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2007, 05:15 AM   #1
shortfellow
shortfellow began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs 500
Having some problems with sony reader

Hi everyone I am completely new to this forum, and first off I want to say hi.
My problem is that I am trying to convert my law school texts which are in MS word doc format into a format that is legible on my reader, however there are lots of images and symbols embedded into the document, and when I convert it into RTF it just gives me an "invalid page" error. I am studying for exams and it would be great if I could get my texts on the reader (that is specifically why I bought it) however I just need a little bit of guidance as to what would be the best program to convert my files while keeping the look of the texts from word intact. So, if anyone has any suggestions on an easy to use program it would be greatly appreciated.

A new and lost sony reader user.
shortfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:14 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Try using "Book Designer" - this will preserve all your pictures, etc. If you load an RTF into Reader directly, you'll lose all the pictures.

See the "Book Creation Tutorials" thread in the "Book Uploads" forum section for a tutorial showing how to use BD to create Sony Reader books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2007, 06:23 AM   #3
shortfellow
shortfellow began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs 500
Hey Harry thanks a lot you were really helpful
shortfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
To save you a bit 'o pain, you might want to read through the last few pages of the Book Designer thread; it's a little bit of a pain to install and you want to be sure you have the latest update. It's all there, but the gist is to install from the BD 4.0 msi install, get the latest update bookdesignerexe.zip, and extract into the directory where you installed BD. I know it sounds simple, but a lot of people have issues with the installation since it's a bit confuddling.

Have fun and read HarryT's tutorial for the quick and easy intro.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote