Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #1
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Access to Dropbox gone?

I have two devices (Inkpad 2 and Touch HD) and I use the Dropbox sync often, but a week ago or so Dropbox stopped connecting and trying to login anew did not work on either device. Thus far I had refrained from updating the firmware on the devices, but then I did it. After the firmware update, I got connected to Dropbox on Touch HD (had to log in afresh), but no such luck on Inkpad 2. Anyone else experiencing the same?
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:44 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
I don't use the Dropbox sync but I read somewhere that Dropbox has switched to Api v2 and Api v1 is not supported anymore. So I guess Pocketbook will have to switch to Api v2 too.
nhedgehog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:53 AM   #3
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Indeed, Dropbox on Android and desktop has been getting a series of updates lately. They must be intentionally breaking backwards compatibility.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:42 AM   #4
moose9
moose9 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 2
Same here. I have a separate library in Calibre stored in a Dropbox folder for daily newspapers and weekly magazines (downloaded from calibre) that sync automatically with my Inkpad 2 whenever it has a WiFi connection.

It stopped syncing a few weeks ago. When I looked into it at the time, I also concluded it was due to Dropbox updating their API.

The Dropbox update also broke a lot of compatibility with some android apps too like moon reader and various file managers.

It's good to hear that it got fixed with a firmware update for your Touch HD; hopefully that means the same will be done for Inkpad 2.
moose9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:28 PM   #5
mobama
Evangelist

There is hope for Dropbox on Inkpad 2 if the firmware number here will become 5.16 or higher
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/de/sup...tbook-inkpad-2

The firmware number for Touch HD is namely 5.16 and thus far it works.