Old 11-14-2010, 05:21 AM   #1
Albyr
Enthusiast
Albyr began at the beginning.

Device: none
DR800 won't turn on or reset

This is a follow-up question to this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106645

I left my DR800s to charge overnight but I still can't get it to turn on and I can't reset it by holding the power button to the right.

What are my options?

I think that perhaps I tried to reset it just as it was starting to charge and that's caused it to crash. Is it possible that affected its ability to charge?

I've tried the charger and USB cable with other devices and I know that isn't the problem.

Would disconnecting and reconnecting the battery help? Is it even possible to disconnect and reconnect the battery or would I need to cut the wires and then resplice them (I can do this if necessary).

Would it be worth looking at the SD card? Is that likely to be the source of the problem?

Huge thanks for any help you can offer.
Albyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:50 AM   #2
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albyr View Post
I still can't get it to turn on and I can't reset it by holding the power button to the right.
Amm, did you mean to reset by holding it to the *left* ? Because to the right is "to lock the keys".
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #3
Albyr
Enthusiast

Sorry, I did mean all the way to the left! I promise I do know how to turn it on!
Old 11-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
It is possible that the device still thinks it is mounted as a drive on your computer. You could connecting again and Ejecting (not Safely Removing) it through Win Explorer - assuming you are using Win Explorer.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #5
emav
emav began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800S
Try removing the battery for a few minutes.
emav is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #6
Albyr
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
It is possible that the device still thinks it is mounted as a drive on your computer. You could connecting again and Ejecting (not Safely Removing) it through Win Explorer - assuming you are using Win Explorer.
I tried reconnecting but it isn't recognised. The LED remains off and the computer doesnt recognise it.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:18 AM   #7
heyneman
heyneman began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800SG
I had this same sort of issue when I first got mine; left it charging overnight with no results. When I checked my battery it didn't feel like the connector was seated correctly, maybe that simple fix will work for you too.
heyneman is offline   Reply With Quote