Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #27736
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I am not at this forum....I'm working....

curiouser and curiouser: when you hover over my blue thingsie, left under, it even says: invisible
It doesn't say invisible when I hover over it, but it does say offline. I can never tell if you are online or not, since you have your preferences set that way.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #27737
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
I am not at this forum....I'm working....

curiouser and curiouser: when you hover over my blue thingsie, left under, it even says: invisible
No it doesn't, it says Off Line.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #27738
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
How can you post if you're invisible? Oh, wait, I see, we're not seeing you at all are we. In fact we're not having this discussion, since I can't have a discussion with someone who's not here. Right?

Wait... what?
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #27739
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
I love those books; these were the last I read for my (then 15 year old) daughter at bedtime. We both cried when a certain person (won't say as to not spoil things)died; bitter tears.
I've reread all three of them. There's a lot in these books, I find. I didn't like the film though.
I think that although the protagonists are kids, not even teenagers, Pullman speaks to a wider audience. Only adults who experienced certain things can understand the depth of some of the feelings "mentioned" in the books.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #27740
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I'm listening to 'I need a doctor' by dr Dre, Eminem and Skylar Grey. I like it. Skylar Grey's voice reminds me of Dolores O'Riordan's.

Last edited by maianhvk; 02-15-2011 at 11:34 AM.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #27741
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I think that although the protagonists are kids, not even teenagers, Pullman speaks to a wider audience. Only adults who experienced certain things can understand the depth of some of the feelings "mentioned" in the books.
There are an assortment of books written for kids but enjoyable by adults for that reason. Other examples include C. S. Lewis's "Chronicles of Narnia", and Lloyd Alexander's "Chronicles of Prydain"

If you're a kid, you are likely to love both. If you're a grownup, depths appear you wouldn't be aware of as a kid.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #27742
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
It doesn't say invisible when I hover over it, but it does say offline. I can never tell if you are online or not, since you have your preferences set that way.
Oh, I looked once and I thought I saw 'invisible'. I can change that?......must go and look where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
No it doesn't, it says Off Line.
I thoght I was cool...being invisible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
How can you post if you're invisible? Oh, wait, I see, we're not seeing you at all are we. In fact we're not having this discussion, since I can't have a discussion with someone who's not here. Right?
Wait... what?
I've this awful task of rearranging an excel-file with 12 colums......and every entry X 2700. Have to get it right before the end of the week.
I'm not myself; in that sense I'm not 'here', but where?

edit: no wait...when I hover on the left blue thing; it does say: desertblues is invisible

Last edited by desertblues; 02-15-2011 at 03:57 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #27743
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
You must be invisible only to yourself. To the rest of us you are "offline". I'm not entirely sure what conclusions we should draw from those two facts! You aren't "here" .... but your own evidence says that you aren't "there" either. Hmmmmm......
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #27744
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Oh, I looked once and I thought I saw 'invisible'. I can change that?......must go and look where.

I thoght I was cool...being invisible.

I've this awful task of rearranging an excel-file with 12 colums......and every entry X 2700. Have to get it right before the end of the week.
I'm not myself; in that sense I'm not 'here', but where?

edit: no wait...when I hover on the left blue thing; it does say: desertblues is invisible
If you go to your Control Panel -- Settings and Options -- Edit Options, you can choose to be "invisible" which means we can't tell whether or not you are online. Apparently you have that checked.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #27745
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
..gloating at the moment!

I had a spare 20" LCD... and I really wanted to work on the new Tree of Life covers in inkscape. Having a second screen to put all your tool dialogs on is great, of course the trouble is that plugging a second screen in usually is a bit of... "fun".

So, machine is already booted and running, I plug in the second monitor, turn it on, 3 seconds later the screen comes to life with a background but the menus/titles are missing from it, clearly the 'cloning' isn't working... only it wasn't a clone, the system had already expanded the desktop area to suit two screens and it was all working perfectly without me having to do a single thing, restart or reboot... it just "worked", MARVELLOUS!

Got to love Ubuntu 10.10 (and the book cover editing went very well ).
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #27746
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Relearning how to line dance, LOL. Unfortunately, there are no country dance halls in Illinois, to my knowledge.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #27747
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Relearning how to line dance, LOL. Unfortunately, there are no country dance halls in Illinois, to my knowledge.
I think you underestimate the countriness of central and southern Illinois.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #27748
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha_fawn View Post
I think you underestimate the countriness of central and southern Illinois.
That's what Chris keeps telling me. Isn't Gretchen Wilson from southern Illinois?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #27749
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
That's what Chris keeps telling me. Isn't Gretchen Wilson from southern Illinois?
Wikipedia says yep. I think I'd heard that somewhere before.

I learned how to line dance in elementary school in central Illinois. The country vibe is more pronounced in the smaller towns than where I lived, though, and of course at the county fair.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #27750
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha_fawn View Post
Wikipedia says yep. I think I'd heard that somewhere before.

I learned how to line dance in elementary school in central Illinois. The country vibe is more pronounced in the smaller towns than where I lived, though, and of course at the county fair.
We did square dancing in elementary in Texas (4th grade, if I recall). Then I learned two-step and waltz from my aunts at the annual street dances. My aunt could Schottische - I think I managed it once, and have forgotten how, now. I loved line dancing, but have now forgotten most of that as well. Two-step and Cotton Eyed Joe I can still do though!

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?