Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2014, 04:16 AM   #106
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
But it were an option, if there were any notification if the "not recognized nSD card issue" should be amended by the new firmware. In fact, firmware 3.0.1 runs pretty stable on my Touch (thanks to the developers so far!), but the nSD card will not be recognized at booting the shut-down reader - never. That's annoying.
That hasn't been fixed. Or at least not on my N905 Touch.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #107
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Thank you! So, still no fun ...

My device is a N905, too.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2014, 11:01 AM   #108
Inferio
Inferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You absolutely saved me. It worked, thank you very much

Inferio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #109
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Can anyone post me a link to a night mode tweak that works for the Aura HD on 3.2 (I can't seem to find the latest version). Thanks.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:30 PM   #110
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Can anyone post me a link to a night mode tweak that works for the Aura HD on 3.2 (I can't seem to find the latest version). Thanks.
Check the night mode thread. Any updates will be there.
Advert
Old 03-01-2014, 03:48 AM   #111
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Thanks you davidfor for taking the trouble of answering with the #1 irritating response on forums worldwide:'the answer is there and I know where, but I won't tell'.
The only nightmode thread I can find is: Night Mode [Glo/Touch/Mini]. My device is Aura HD, and I honestly can't seem to find the corresponding thread. Anyone with some more explicit support? Anything else than 'blowin' in the wind', please? Thanks.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:20 AM   #112
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
There is only one nightmode thread. It's already mentioned in the first post of the night mode thread, that this hack will work for the Aura and Aura HD too.

So David has given you an appropriate and the only possible answer. The thread's title is irritating though, it seems to exclude other models.

Last edited by trekk; 03-01-2014 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Typo corrected.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:12 AM   #113
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
I'm in the US - should 3.2.0 have hit my Glo by now or are they still likely staggering the roll out?
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:56 AM   #114
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Thanks you davidfor for taking the trouble of answering with the #1 irritating response on forums worldwide:'the answer is there and I know where, but I won't tell'.
The only nightmode thread I can find is: Night Mode [Glo/Touch/Mini]. My device is Aura HD, and I honestly can't seem to find the corresponding thread. Anyone with some more explicit support? Anything else than 'blowin' in the wind', please? Thanks.
Hmm, I suppose I should have supplied the link to the thread. And pointed out the fact that it covered the Aura HD as well. But, I keep making the assumption that people who use these tweaks actually know where they are discussed. That's pretty stupid of me, isn't it?
Old 03-01-2014, 06:59 AM   #115
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
I'm in the US - should 3.2.0 have hit my Glo by now or are they still likely staggering the roll out?
From comments around the place, it is still being rolled out. I think the early stages were a bit slower than usual because of a long weekend in Canada.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #116
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
The 3.2.0 introduced a change in the way the cover appears when going to sleep.

Previously :*you press the button, you wait between 1 or 10 seconds and the cover appears cleanly.

Now :*you press the button, you have a black flickering screen then the cover happens.

Some may say that the current is a bit ugly but I would like to say that I*highly prefer. Because when I press a button, I*expect an immediate feedback. 10 seconds is huge and annoying. Sometimes, I*press the button multiple times, which reopen the Kobo. With the current behaviour, I*now know that my button press has been received and I*don't mind the flickering.

So, for me, this is an improvement over 3.1 :-)
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:17 AM   #117
dassie
dassie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dassie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dassie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Sorry wrong post

Last edited by dassie; 03-01-2014 at 09:19 AM. Reason: typey typey
dassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #118
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
I'm in France and if memory serves we usually get updates around the same time (give or take a couple of days). So far no update for my Aura HD, but often it happens the week/week and a half after the Canadian release.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #119
Joeldmtl
Connoisseur
Joeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
  • highlight text across multiple pages
The selection mechanism has changed. It is faster, and I think more accurate. The highlighting across pages only works for kepubs. To do it, select some text and drag to the top left corner or bottom right corner. It will then turn the page backwards or forwards and selects the text on that page. If you hold your finger in the corner, it keeps turning the page and selecting the text. Move your finger away from the corner, find the last word you want selected and lift your finger to stop selection.
[/LIST]

I'm having trouble highlighting text across multiple pages. I find that after I hold the highlight at the bottom right of the first page, the highlighting continues too quickly , easily passing the point I want to stop at and often going several pages past. Then when I try to move the highlight tab backwards to my intended end point I get the same happening in reverse.

Any suggestions to help me?
Joeldmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:55 AM   #120
parcerita
parcerita began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
The 3.2.0 introduced a change in the way the cover appears when going to sleep.

Previously :*you press the button, you wait between 1 or 10 seconds and the cover appears cleanly.

Now :*you press the button, you have a black flickering screen then the cover happens.
I thought that was a bug but that's probably because with this update my Kobo Touch gets black flickering screens for everything and generally just works slower than before. Opening any book takes about 10 seconds. I have reverted back as a result, anyone else experiencing such issues with their Touch?
parcerita is offline   Reply With Quote