Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #46
bsbarlow
bsbarlow began at the beginning.

Device: Jornada 720
Nate, thank you for your quick reply. I read the information on the link. How do I determine which type of CPU I have. I apologize for the elementary questions but I do want to learn. Last night I did download a few applications from the "handheld attitude" site and saw the three types of files (ARM, etc...) but I did not know which to chose.
bsbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #47
bsbarlow

Everything that I see says the Jornada has a SA-1110 CPU.
Advert
Old 12-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #48
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The SA stands for "StrongARM". It is an ARM CPU. It's rather odd to see it abbreviated like that.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #49
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
SA-1110 is the model number of one of the StrongARM chips (others being SA-110 and SA-1500).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:37 PM   #50
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Oh. I didn't know there 2 StrongARMs. I've only ever heard of the one.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #51
bsbarlow

Thanks for all of the help. I am really happy to have found this fourm. I am sure that I will be asking more questions as I go through the set up process.