Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The entry wont be called evernote, it will be called by whatever <title> tag is present in the actual file html file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #17
SquareWheels
SquareWheels began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7"
OK, I will look through the log some more. I'm sure I don't have any weird files showing in the Calibre library, though, so if I find any more weird files in the log, how do I find them in the library and delete them?

I'm just not seeing anything weird in the library at all. If we can't solve this, it's OK, it's no big deal. As I've said, I love Calibre either way, I appreciate your help, and I don't want to be annoying or have you think I'm dense.
SquareWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You simply need to go through the list of books one by one and check the paths displayed in the right panel. I'm guessing most of your "extra" books come from the folder

/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:39 AM   #19
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You simply need to go through the list of books one by one and check the paths displayed in the right panel. I'm guessing most of your "extra" books come from the folder

/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/
Amazon is being helpful again.

Starting sometime late 2012/early 2013 the Kindle for Amazon (K4A) app started downloading books into /Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files instead of to /kindle. It also now seems to use the extension .prc exclusively, avoiding .mobi, azw, etc. Result: if you have ever used K4A to read a purchased book then that book will be in this new folder as something.prc. It may also be in a folder you sent it to.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #20
SquareWheels
SquareWheels began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7"
@Kovid So, you're saying I should definitely be able to find duplicates in the library by checking every book's path?

I swear, I've spent lots of time going carefully through the library. I was also very careful when I took every book off of the device and re-added the books in groups of five.

I had Calibre saying the correct number for a few minutes until I closed Calibre, unplugged and rebooted the device, (so that the book covers would show up again), and then plugged it back in and opened Calibre. Then, the number was wrong again.

@chaley Yup, I definitely noticed when the books started scattering into all different folders on the Kindle. In Calibre 1.5, however, I went into the "Add Books" preferences and set it to add books to the "Books" folder only, and I think that fixed that issue, but maybe it's contributing to the other problem.

Last edited by SquareWheels; 10-08-2013 at 09:20 PM.
SquareWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert