Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid3g View Post
Only simple commands works like "./fastboot eraseall"
Once you repair the damage you have done, things will be alright.

Just stick with the published directions until you get it corrected.

PS: Keep the battery charged !!!
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
Deivid3g
Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G(BRICKED), Kobo GLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Once you repair the damage you have done, things will be alright.

Just stick with the published directions until you get it corrected.

PS: Keep the battery charged !!!
Leave my kindle charging on Wall charger until now and now it even goto fastboot mode with the uboot of Eureka.

When i come home i post some prints of ubuntu - dmesg...
Deivid3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Leave my kindle charging on Wall charger until now and now it even goto fastboot mode with the uboot of Eureka.

When i come home i post some prints of ubuntu - dmesg...
Super!
That is great progress and the key to restoring your firmware image.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #19
Deivid3g
Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G(BRICKED), Kobo GLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Super!
That is great progress and the key to restoring your firmware image.
not even goto fastboot mode with the uboot of Eureka... i forget to put a not before even sorry...
I'm not so good in english..
Deivid3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #20
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
not even goto fastboot mode with the uboot of Eureka... i forget to put a not before even sorry...
I'm not so good in english..
Put it back together, call Amazon, tell them it broke, get it exchanged.

Last edited by knc1; 01-12-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #21
Weiss77
Weiss77 can extract oil from cheeseWeiss77 can extract oil from cheeseWeiss77 can extract oil from cheeseWeiss77 can extract oil from cheeseWeiss77 can extract oil from cheeseWeiss77 can extract oil from cheeseWeiss77 can extract oil from cheeseWeiss77 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
Welcome. I'm from Polish. Unfortunately, I did the same thing as Deivid3g and erased all data from my Kindle Touch.
Now I can not start it in fastboot mode. Slightly know Linux, and soot that repair in this system is easier than in Windows. I have a huge request. Is the person understands the problem could create a tutorial that shows how to run the fastboot in the Kindle using a standard USB cable? Have repeatedly tried to do something, but without success. Please help.
Weiss77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #22
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiss77 View Post
Welcome. I'm from Polish. Unfortunately, I did the same thing as Deivid3g and erased all data from my Kindle Touch.
Now I can not start it in fastboot mode. Slightly know Linux, and soot that repair in this system is easier than in Windows. I have a huge request. Is the person understands the problem could create a tutorial that shows how to run the fastboot in the Kindle using a standard USB cable? Have repeatedly tried to do something, but without success. Please help.
Even if there was a tutorial, it probably would not help you.

Because "erase all" does just what it says: erases everything.
Including the area outside of the file systems that holds personal and device specific information.

If you have made a back-up of that information, then you might be able to restore your Kindle using the serial port. **might**

With a device as old as a Kindle Touch - just sell it as: "Not working, for parts only".