Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
drdtyc
drdtyc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T2
Question T3 does not show all ebooks in the internal memory

I have connected my T3 to my Windows 7 computer and used Windows Explorer to copy about 120 ebooks from my computer hard drive to the "Download" folder in the internal memory of T3.

Upon disconnecting the USB cable, the circular arrows at the top left corner of the T3 screen rotated for a while and showing the message "loading ..."

After the loading message disappeared, I opened the bookshelves and chose to see "Books" at the top left corner of the T3 screen. The T3 only showed about 90 ebooks out of the 120 I copied over from my computer.

I tried soft reset, nothing changed, still showed 90 ebooks out of 120 copied.

Then I reformatted the internal memory of the T3 using the T3 Settings menu (i.e. not reformatting from my computer via the USB cable). Copied again the 120 ebooks from my computer to the newly reformated T3 internal memory using Windows Explorer. Same problem - still showed 90 ebooks on the T3 instead of 120 copied over from my computer.

Are there any other ways to overcome this problem?
drdtyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
First thoughts would be are they all in a supported format and do they work on other devices or a desktop reader?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #3
drdtyc

These 120 ebooks are in epub and pdf formats

All the epub ebooks read OK on my computer using Sony's Reader software for Windows.
I use Adobe Reader to read the remaining pdf files on my Windows 7 computer.

Last edited by drdtyc; 07-16-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:13 AM   #4
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
This is normal. And it gets worse the more books you simultaneously transfer to the reader. It is safer to only transfer in small batches. However, that can be quite tedious when you have a really large collection. So I decided to create a HTTP server on my PC, and whenever I need a book I use the T3 browser to search for it and to download it via Wi-Fi.
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:32 PM   #5
drdtyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookp View Post
This is normal. And it gets worse the more books you simultaneously transfer to the reader. It is safer to only transfer in small batches. However, that can be quite tedious when you have a really large collection. So I decided to create a HTTP server on my PC, and whenever I need a book I use the T3 browser to search for it and to download it via Wi-Fi.
Great idea!

Is it difficult to set up a HTTP server on your PC?
Is there any online guide to learn about your trick?
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #6
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Download and install Calibre ebook management program. This should help solve your problems. I have transfered 1000 books at once to or from my T1 using computer with Calibre installed. This program has many useful features.

http://calibre-ebook.com/demo
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:05 AM   #7
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdtyc View Post
Great idea!
Is it difficult to set up a HTTP server on your PC?
Is there any online guide to learn about your trick?
I don't know of any guides, but the most important thing to know is this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1908671&postcount=14
I am not a server software expert, but after a little research I found HFS (Windows) to be popular, so that's what I use now:
http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/
However, I apologize for I didn't read or realize before that it's 120 books you want to transfer. An amount like that probably shouldn't cause the problems I was referring to.
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:26 AM   #8
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
It may be that the memory was full and you overlooked that message.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote