Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
krc2542
krc2542 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tablet (WiFi Only)
Looking for help conecting my Galaxy Tab to Calibre

Hi. I'm a relative noobe to Caliber although I have used it for a few months with my Archos Tab. My wife gave me a Galaxy 7" Tab WiFi only (GT) for my birthday a few weeks ago and I'm trying to get Calibre to recognize it. The GT is connected and listed as a folder in Windows Explorer on my PC which is running Win 7 Pro 64b SP1. Calibre doesn't connect to the GT either as a disk drive (I wouldn't expect it to since it isn't a drive according to Win Exp), or as a folder.

The GT does have Aldiko 2.0.2 loaded on it and I have successfully imported a book to Aldiko manually by copying it to the SD card and then importing it.

One other piece of information that might be helpful is that when I connect my GT to the PC, Samsung Kies opens on the GT. If I close Kies, the PC looses connectivity to the GT.

If I understand correctly this is the debug information that should be sent along with this message. It was obtained when the GT was connected and Kies running on the GT.

Version: 0.8.15
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4398&rev0000',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4397&rev0000',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4397&rev0000',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4398&rev0000',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4399&rev0000',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid1002&pid4396&rev0000',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid1002&pid4396&rev0000',
u'usb\\vid_045e&pid_008c&rev_7373',
u'usb\\vid_04e8&pid_6877&rev_0400',
u'usb\\vid_04e8&pid_6877&rev_0400&mi_00&os_nt',
u'usb\\ms_comp_mtp',
u'usb\\vid_050d&pid_0237&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_05e3&pid_0608&rev_7763',
u'usb\\vid_0781&pid_8940&rev_9321',
u'usb\\vid_0922&pid_0007&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_2101&pid_0231&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_2101&pid_0231&rev_0100&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_2101&pid_0231&rev_0100&mi_01']
Drives detected:
Available plugins: ADAM ALEX ALURATEK_COLOR ANDROID ARCHOS7O AVANT AZBOOKA BAMBOOK
BLACKBERRY BOEYE_BDX BOEYE_BEX BOOQ BOOX COBY COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK E52
E71X EB511 EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE EEEREADER ELONEX ESLICK
FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3 HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK
IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK
JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE KINDLE2 KINDLE_DX KOBO LIBREAIR LUMIREAD MENTOR
MIBUK MOOVYBOOK N516 N770 N810 NEWSMY NEXTBOOK NOOK NOOK_COLOR NUUT2
ORIZON PALMPRE PDNOVEL PDNOVEL_KOBO PICO POCKETBOOK301 POCKETBOOK360
POCKETBOOK360P POCKETBOOK602 POCKETBOOK701 PRS505 README S60 SHINEBOOK
SNE SOVOS SPECTRA STASH SUNSTECH_EB700 SWEEX TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK
TREKSTOR USER_DEFINED VELOCITYMICRO WEXLER

Looking for devices...
u'usb\\vid_04e8&pid_6877&rev_0400'
u'usb\\vid_04e8&pid_6877&rev_0400&mi_00&os_nt'

Devices possibly connected: None

Any help will be appreciated as I am lost.
krc2542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I am not sure what the Kies is, I do not have that on my GY. But I assume you have selected the "mount" button on the tab? If so, have you set up the Android Driver under Preferences - Plugins - Device Interface Plugins? Also, you can only have one device connected to Calibre at once, so make sure you are not connected to any other devices when you are trying to work with the GT.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
krc2542

Bingo! That put me on the track to solve the problem. I'll write a procedure for others having similar problems and post it here. Thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
krc2542

My problem was with the GT. I hadn't gone to Wireless & Networks and configured USB properly.

Here's the "Help" file I generated for my wife. Hope if works for someone else.

GT Select Menu – Settings – Wireless and Network – USB Settings
GT Select Mass storage if not already selected
GT Home
GT Connect the GT to the PC using charging/USB cable
GT A new screen appears USB Connected with option to Mount
GT Select Mount [GT cycles through several steps and may present option to mount a second time. If it does select mount again.
PC PC should display one or two “auto play” windows (one if you don't have an SD card. Two if you do) – both of these windows may be closed
PC Open Calibre
PC On the menu bar select Connect/Share – Connect to Folder
PC Navigate to the folder on the GT that you wish to hold your eBooks from Calibre. [Hint – The folder will be on one of the two drives that opened when you selected mount on the GT. I used a folder called downloads on the GT internal memory]
PC Two new icons will appear on the Calibre menu bar (Send to Device and Device)
PC You may now manage books on your GT using Calibre.

Don’t forget to eject the device (GT) from the PC prior to removing it.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:42 AM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by krc2542 View Post
PC On the menu bar select Connect/Share – Connect to Folder
PC Navigate to the folder on the GT that you wish to hold your eBooks from Calibre. [Hint – The folder will be on one of the two drives that opened when you selected mount on the GT. I used a folder called downloads on the GT internal memory]
PC Two new icons will appear on the Calibre menu bar (Send to Device and Device)
PC You may now manage books on your GT using Calibre.

Don’t forget to eject the device (GT) from the PC prior to removing it.
If you go to Preferences - Plugins - Device Interface Plugins - Android Driver - Customize Plugin and configure the plugin you will not need to do the connect to folder option. You will need to select which file types to send to the device, what directory to send it to, and if necessary whether to read the metadata or use subdirectories.

Once this is done, each time your GT is plugged in when you open Calibre it will automatically mount with the GT, rather than having to manually connect to the folder in the GT.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2011, 03:57 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to correct subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote