Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
TdeV
Dabbler
TdeV began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Reject:Lenovo 8.1 tablet Old: Colour Nook, HP Touchpad
Calibre *only sometimes* recognizes device

Yesterday, Calibre noticed my Colour Nook towards the end of the day, but the device was plugged in all day. I did manage to transfer a book or two.

Today, Calibre will not notice my device. I've looked in some of the system preference options and can't find anything helpful.

(My husband has a kindle and has the same problem)

Thanks
TdeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Is the problem only the detection in Calibre, or does the OS also not recognize the device? What OS are you running? What version of Calibre are you running?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
Yesterday, Calibre noticed my Colour Nook towards the end of the day, but the device was plugged in all day. I did manage to transfer a book or two.

Today, Calibre will not notice my device. I've looked in some of the system preference options and can't find anything helpful.

(My husband has a kindle and has the same problem)

Thanks
Both devices can not be plugged in at the same time.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #4
TdeV
Dabbler
TdeV began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Reject:Lenovo 8.1 tablet Old: Colour Nook, HP Touchpad
My husband has a different computer, but it has the same behaviour.

My system:
xp SP3
calibre 0.7.49
Colour Nook sw v 1.0.1

My computer recognizes the device, but it took me some tries to get it to do so. I wonder why? Now, Calibre has recognized the device also.

I will have to do some more troubleshooting and report back.

Thanks for your quick replies.
TdeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Make sure you always eject the device before disconnecting it from your computer.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
not recognized