Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Talking Book Designer Wiki Started

OK group, the base of a Book Designer Wiki has been started. There is a link to it off the Wiki Conversion Software page or you can get there directly at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Book_Designer

Some of it was clipped from posts in MobileRead and there are still many areas that need help. I felt it was better to start it now and let everyone add their own rather than keep it all here and hope I could put everything in at once.

Comments, feedback, and other contributions are always welcome.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Really great job!

While it certainly can and hopefully will grow, I'd say it's much more than just a "start" - it's already a fantastic source of information!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
What a wonderful tutorial!!

I went ahead and did a very few minor corrections. Hope this is OK with you, RWood.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:03 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
What a wonderful tutorial!!

I went ahead and did a very few minor corrections. Hope this is OK with you, RWood.
I wondered who that mystery stranger was. Thanks. A good editor is always welcome as it is often hard to see the problems with your own writing.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
I wondered who that mystery stranger was. Thanks. A good editor is always welcome as it is often hard to see the problems with your own writing.
Oops, I forgot to sign in.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2007, 02:38 AM   #6
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Is there something like BookDesigner for linux? I don't want to start VMWare everytime I want to convert a book ... :-)
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer

BookDesigner is the best general tool I know of for creating LRF books for the Sony Reader. There are other tools that can also create LRF books but they seem to require far more extensive knowledge of markup languages. There are a few in Python that should run on linux that may use HTML as a source code. Try the MobileRead Wiki Conversion page and check a few out.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #8
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
thanks. good start. i like the quick + dirty section.
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote