Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #1
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Just ordered my PP!

Just put my order in for my black 5" PP! Can't wait! Though even though it's ordered now I still can't actually have it until Christmas... at least that's what my partner says...
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #2
cutegigi
cutegigi began at the beginning.

Device: none
congrtaz!!

im waiting for the christmast pack to be announced soon before placing my order.....
currently torn between PP and PD360
cutegigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 01:34 AM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Congratulations Laura. Wait until christmas? pfft I give you 2 days of it sitting in the cupboard after it arrives, your partner will be out and you'll sneak a play with it.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:03 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
I still can't actually have it until Christmas.
Make sure it is charged overnight before Christmas Day. That way you can start reading immediately.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:28 AM   #5
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Congratulations on ordering your new reader, Laura.
Keep in mind you will need an adapter if you want to plug it into an Australian power socket. Otherwise you could use an ipod charger that has a usb socket and put the Pez's cord into that.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 06:38 AM   #6
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Congratulations on ordering your new reader, Laura.
Keep in mind you will need an adapter if you want to plug it into an Australian power socket. Otherwise you could use an ipod charger that has a usb socket and put the Pez's cord into that.
Or charge it from any computer, or buy a cheap USB power adapter (about $10) from a cheap outlet store like Crazy Clark.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:17 AM   #7
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Congratulations Laura. Wait until christmas? pfft I give you 2 days of it sitting in the cupboard after it arrives, your partner will be out and you'll sneak a play with it.
If I think I can get away with it...

As to the charging question I'll either just charge off my computer or I already have a power adaptor for my current ebook device which has many different plugs I can use if the one I'm currently using isn't the right one.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Make sure it is charged overnight before Christmas Day. That way you can start reading immediately.
That reminds me of my childhood Christmases. I;d open the presents and see all these wonderful electronic toys. Only my father had neglected to purchase the batteries, so we had to wait a few days before the stores opened and he could go get some.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

As to the charging question I'll either just charge off my computer or I already have a power adaptor for my current ebook device which has many different plugs I can use if the one I'm currently using isn't the right one.
The PEz is intended to charge from a Mini-USB <->USB cable, not one of the common "round" type charger plugs.
You may need up to 12 Hours of charging without the Port/computer going to sleep.
Get a cheap US 2-prong plug to local plug adapter. The supplied charger will work with any (common) AC voltage used in the world.

This avoids the Sleep issue and the lower current available for charging from USB ports on computers.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Welcome Laura and Cutegigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegigi View Post
congrtaz!!

im waiting for the christmast pack to be announced soon before placing my order.....
currently torn between PP and PD360

Dear Laura and Cutegigi:

I work for Astak.

Laura, thank you for purchasing the Pocket PRO!! I know you will love it like we do!! Please read the FAQ sheet on our website (www.theEZreader.com) under "support". That will give you so many helpful tips!! Also, keep in mind that the Battery Gauge on an eBook Reader is just a guide. I suggest recharging every time it gets down a bit below half on the gauge. The Pocket PRO is pretty trouble-free except when the charge gets low.

Cutegigi, the Pocket Pro "A Christmas Carol Gift Pack" is now selling and I have listed the link on another thread in this Astak Designated Forum this morning! That is the nice part of the Pocket PRO... Astak is here on these threads!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
Laura81
Addict

theducks - Thanks for the info

Robertb - Thanks for your info as well. And I am sure I will love it. How nice it will be not to have to convert all my PDF files!
Old 11-22-2009, 04:56 AM   #12
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Laura81- My husband also said that I couldn't have it until Christmas. But I just couldn't wait and it's already ordered so.... I had it for 10 days now.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:05 AM   #13
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:

You just need a standard AC USB charger. You could buy an adapter and us the US-style charger that comes with the PP (see them for about $15 at Woolies) or buy a generic USB charger....that is if you want to avoid the need for the computer to charge your PP.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #14
Laura81
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
Laura81- My husband also said that I couldn't have it until Christmas. But I just couldn't wait and it's already ordered so.... I had it for 10 days now.
Part of the deal with ordering it now was waiting until Christmas to have it and I already have an ebook reader so I know I'll be made to wait but we will take it out and charge it up and test it out to make sure it's all ok but then it will have to go away again.

Solicitous - Thanks for the info. I'm going to see if what I have fits it and if not I'll just get a USB thing to charge it. I want to be able to charge it at work as well and I can't hook up devices to the computer there so will need to be able to wall charge it.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #15
Laura81
Addict

It's arrived!

I can't believe this but it's arrived already! Delivered this morning! I ordered it on the 18th, it was shipped on the 19th and it arrived on the 23rd!!! And I'm in Australia! That's got to set some sort of record for the fastest international shipping ever!

As to the PP... I love it! Ok, I haven't had much time to really check it out yet but it's a gorgeous little device and since Astak was kind enough to also send along a 2gb card with 400 ebooks on it I have been able to check out how different formats look and so far I've seen epub, txt and pdf and wow, they look excellent! Personally I can't fault it.

As for how easy it is to use, I find it very simple. To me it is intuitive, at least to my way of thinking.

Anyway I haven't had much time with it and can always put more detailed thoughts up about the device once I've had more time with it.

Oh and it also came almost fully charged which is awesome. Though shortly I will hook it up to my computer to charge it fully.