Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #46
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
Wow, getting kind of crowded down the bottom end with a 4.3", 3.2" and 2.8" device - I guess there are other features that distinguish them besides price and screen size, but with so many models competing against each other (let alone devices from other companies) I think it's going to make potential customers heads spin.

Be interesting to see how they do.

Cheers, Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #47
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
Wow, getting kind of crowded down the bottom end with a 4.3", 3.2" and 2.8" device - I guess there are other features that distinguish them besides price and screen size, but with so many models competing against each other (let alone devices from other companies) I think it's going to make potential customers heads spin.

Be interesting to see how they do.

Cheers, Pete
Yeah and then (as mentioned above) the new vs. old models of the same size .... I think it can just cause confusion!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #48
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Yes, it's funny but Gruber on Daring Fireball's been bemoaning the dearth of competitors for the iPod Touch, and lo! here we suddenly have an entire family of them! I guess that the 2.8" will be built down to a price and the 3.2" will be in the iTouch space, but the 4.3" is the one that has me scratching my head - just seems to be an odd size to pitch at; smaller than a Dell Streak, I guess, but that's not especially compelling

Anyway, we'll see - does anyone know if they're being launched internationally, or just in the U.S.?

Cheers, Pete

Last edited by petermillard; 09-06-2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Lack of capitalisation
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:44 AM   #49
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
Here are two video review of this device. Looks pretty nice besides of the weak battery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3thg...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MMfeMCuUNw

First link is review one, second link is review two.
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #50
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Gad, I had to turn it off cause of the awful background music going on and on and on and on and on and on!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #51
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
Has anyone here posted a full review, I mean its great its on youtube, but i would rather get the opinion from members/friends of mobilread
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 inch, android, ipad alternative, tablet