Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 11-19-2020, 07:27 PM   #1
richorlin
richorlin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Limiting available shared libraries

It seems that Calibre version 3 and later allow internet-based users to choose from all available libraries that your sever has access to. Is there anyway easy way to limit the viewable libraries to a specific library? I don't want users that I share my books with to be able to access a private library or my backups.
Thanks.
richorlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You will need to setup user accounts for that in Preferences->Sharing over the net. Then you cn restrict any user account to any subset of libraries or even a virtual librry.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert