Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 11-19-2020, 09:19 AM   #1
EightWeight
Enthusiast
EightWeight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4, PW
How do I shut down server from cli?

I've set up a hotkey that runs "sudo systemctl start calibre-server" and it works well. BUT when I try to launch the Calibre GUI it refuses to launch with the error message:

calibre, version 5.5.0
ERROR: Cannot start calibre: Another calibre program that can modify calibre libraries, such as, calibre-server or calibredb is already running. You must first shut it down, before starting the main calibre program. If you are sure no such program is running, try restarting your computer.

So how do I shut it down? I've tried "sudo systemctl stop calibre-server", "sudo systemctl disable calibre-server", and a few others to no avail. The only thing that works is a reboot. That's unacceptable.

Geoff
EightWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre doesnt come with a systemctl script, you would need to ask whoever created that. Or if you are planning to run the server and gui, simply use the server within the gui, that way you can actually have both running at the same time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2020, 07:32 AM   #3
EightWeight
Enthusiast
EightWeight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4, PW
[Solved]

Kovid,

Solved it! This command will kill the server (and the GUI, if it's running):
kill $(ps aux | grep '[c]alibre*' | awk '{print $2}')

Geoff

Last edited by EightWeight; 11-20-2020 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typo
EightWeight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre-server, systemctl