Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 11-30-2020, 10:49 AM   #451
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
This isnt possible.
I guess its possible That is what was displayed under properties....

When I connect my Alita to the PC I get one icon with the Reader. I open that and I see two icons. One for SD card and one for internal drive. And when I click properties both say Format: Generic Hierarchical.

Quote:
Then I'm afraid it is defective.
I then proceeded and put my SD card out of Alita and into my SD card reader. Now it says FORMAT: exFAT and the opening of my folders was a lot faster. With card in Alita it took a while to load all folders.

Also the most important thing there was absolutely NO PROBLEM with copying files (even 1GB+).

So this is pure Alita fault not the SD card. But I don't really know what's causing this. Software bug? Random write failure of SD slot? I think file size is not a problem either since sometimes it adds 5 files which are all about the same size and fails with the sixth. Copy window closes before ending and I see 5 files instead of 6. It's kinda random. Aside from that it doesn't want to copy failed file anymore via Alita if I try again the copy status bar just go to the previous location and hangs there for a bit then closes.

And again everything works normal on SD card reader as I said.

Code:
The type of the file system is exFAT.
Volume Serial Number is 0000-0000
Windows is verifying files and folders...
File and folder verification is complete.
Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.

125009920 KB total disk space.
  94255360 KB in 582 files.
     17280 KB in 135 indexes.
         0 KB in bad sectors.
       256 KB in use by the system.
  30737024 KB available on disk.

131072 bytes in each allocation unit.
    976640 total allocation units on disk.
    240133 allocation units available on disk.

Last edited by Merithyn; 11-30-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:16 AM   #452
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merithyn View Post

When I connect my Alita to the PC I get one icon with the Reader. I open that and I see two icons. One for SD card and one for internal drive. And when I click properties both say Format: Generic Hierarchical.
This fairy tale is nonsense.
Quote:
I then proceeded and put my SD card out of Alita and into my SD card reader. Now it says FORMAT: exFAT and the opening of my folders was a lot faster. With card in Alita it took a while to load all folders.
Likebook Alita has/d problems with exFAT and a bug related to this was fixed in the last update.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:56 AM   #453
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:

Yup. That's the MTP. It doesn't expose low level details about the filesystem. In windows you see them as "Generic Hierarchical", see https://superuser.com/questions/1443...it-behave-diff

I know that MTP in linux is broken as hell (ie: you can do a single thing at a given time, so copying files while exploring what's already on your device is a big nope). AFAICR windows support should be better, but not as good as a mass storage device.

Anyways for transfering big chunks of data ADB will do it faster, specially if there're a lot of tiny files. Indeed in linux ADB is the only way to bulk transfer data given how broken MTP is.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:05 PM   #454
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Quote:
Likebook Alita has/d problems with exFAT and a bug related to this was fixed in the last update.
I have V3.0.1-2020102114 and it says that it's latest version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Yup. That's the MTP. It doesn't expose low level details about the filesystem. In windows you see them as "Generic Hierarchical", see https://superuser.com/questions/1443...it-behave-diff

I know that MTP in linux is broken as hell (ie: you can do a single thing at a given time, so copying files while exploring what's already on your device is a big nope). AFAICR windows support should be better, but not as good as a mass storage device.

Anyways for transfering big chunks of data ADB will do it faster, specially if there're a lot of tiny files. Indeed in linux ADB is the only way to bulk transfer data given how broken MTP is.
Yeah probably MTP problem then. Yes browsing while copying don't work in windows 10 either for me on Alita. And there is some issue with renaming files I think at least when I tried.

EDIT: Thanks pazos for mentioning the MTP problem. I switched to PTP and it looks that it works better than MTP. It's copying manga CBZ files fine although sometimes it gets stuck for a while but never fails.

Last edited by Merithyn; 11-30-2020 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:33 PM   #455
squiresque
Enthusiast
squiresque began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars, Alita
Alita Intermittent Garbled Screen Bug

My Alita intermittently displays a garbled page in Boyue Reader, KOReader, and more rarely outside the reader in the user interface. The garbling can be resolved by hitting the power button on and off, which displays the screen saver and restores the display to a readable state, but on the page following the expected next page.

The bug appears as follows: tapping page X to get the next page (X+1) does not change the display, even with waiting. Upon tapping again, the screen shows what appears to be the superposition of: (1) the original display page X, (2) the ghost (white space for characters) of the intended next page (X+1), and (3) the page following the intended next page, page (X+2).

Thus it would seem that although Alita did not respond to the tap on Page X by displaying page X+1, continuing to display Page X, it "believes" that Page X+1 has been displayed. Therefore when tapping a second time, it selectively erases Page X+1 (which is not displayed, resulting in ghosting), and then displays Page X+2. The result is of course an unreadable mess.

After restoring the display by invoking the screensaver and turning the Alita back on, Page X+2 is displayed, not the intended Page X+1, thus requiring a tap to the previous page before continuing with reading.

This bug is present in Alita's original Android 6, after the update to Android 8.1, and with all subsequent updates. It is intermittent, perhaps arising every hour or so.
squiresque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:00 AM   #456
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
I have stuck with Librera which hasn't given me any problems. It's easy to spend too much time fiddling around with these devices.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:23 AM   #457
Merithyn
Nameless Being

I think I asked this question already but forgot. When reading on Tachiyomi sometimes when I flip the page the page refreshes wrongly. Previous image stays there and it loads new one on top of it. Then if you flip to other pages parts of that first image still persist if that part doesn't need to be reloaded by the new image... the only solution is to flip back to the page when the refresh has gone wrong (it happens like every 20 page turns on average). Is this well known problem with Alita/Boyue devices?

Lol also it really like to freeze randomly when flipping pages and it's driving me insane (doesn't accept any input for a while and then skips two pages at once... it doesn't depend on resolution or file size of the cbz/image). I was thinking 8.1 will make all more smooth but I guess I was partly mistaken.

Last edited by Merithyn; 12-29-2020 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-01-2021, 05:41 AM   #458
squiresque
Enthusiast

Alita lag and page refresh anomalies

I have what seems to be the same problem, as detailed in one of my prior posts. I have provided screenshots to the Boyue Team on Facebook, and a sample PDF that I read when the issue arises, without however receiving any indication from the Boyue Team that a fix is in the works.

While using either KOreader or the Boyue reader, there is an occasional lag, followed by what I have determined is the failure to erase the current page N, before displaying page N+2 on top of it, "erasing" page N+1 which was never displayed - creating ghost images of page N+1. The problem has persisted through the 8.1 update, and all other updates, as in your case.

I have made the symptom less bothersome by being extremely careful about sending multiple or rapid page turn signals (rereading the page when there is lag, which in my case works because my reading material is impossibly difficult to understand on a first reading anyway), and whenever the corrupted display appears, hitting the power button to invoke the screensaver, and hitting it again to restore the screen. The screen usually displays the page after the one I intended, and in that case I have to tap to the previous page.

Boyue Team, if you are listening: Best wishes for a fix in the next update!

Quote:
I think I asked this question already but forgot. When reading on Tachiyomi sometimes when I flip the page the page refreshes wrongly. Previous image stays there and it loads new one on top of it. Then if you flip to other pages parts of that first image still persist if that part doesn't need to be reloaded by the new image... the only solution is to flip back to the page when the refresh has gone wrong (it happens like every 20 page turns on average). Is this well known problem with Alita/Boyue devices?

Lol also it really like to freeze randomly when flipping pages and it's driving me insane (doesn't accept any input for a while and then skips two pages at once... it doesn't depend on resolution or file size of the cbz/image). I was thinking 8.1 will make all more smooth but I guess I was partly mistaken.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:29 PM   #459
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Still figuring how to transfer my manga files less painfully but there just seems to be no way with Boyue devices...

MTP/PTP transfer still doesn't work half of the time for me.

So I tried with my USB via OTG. USB is detected ok and is formatted as FAT32 but then Boyue OS starts freezing and bugging out.

I first see the files in file explorer but then when I want to click on one it just start saying "Can't load content at the moment" and then black screen and then Boyue OS crashes.

Boyue why........

------
Btw, one thing I noticed and that I found the answer on the internet is that Android 8 has problems when downloading files to SD card via browsers too (like Opera that lets you choose download location on a SD card). The files are downloaded successfully but reported as 0B files in file manager (corrupted). Solution that I found is to reboot the device. Files then appear error free and working. :|

Last edited by Merithyn; 01-23-2021 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:30 PM   #460
squiresque
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiresque View Post
My Alita intermittently displays a garbled page in Boyue Reader, KOReader, and more rarely outside the reader in the user interface. The garbling can be resolved by hitting the power button on and off, which displays the screen saver and restores the display to a readable state, but on the page following the expected next page.

The bug appears as follows: tapping page X to get the next page (X+1) does not change the display, even with waiting. Upon tapping again, the screen shows what appears to be the superposition of: (1) the original display page X, (2) the ghost (white space for characters) of the intended next page (X+1), and (3) the page following the intended next page, page (X+2).

Thus it would seem that although Alita did not respond to the tap on Page X by displaying page X+1, continuing to display Page X, it "believes" that Page X+1 has been displayed. Therefore when tapping a second time, it selectively erases Page X+1 (which is not displayed, resulting in ghosting), and then displays Page X+2. The result is of course an unreadable mess.

After restoring the display by invoking the screensaver and turning the Alita back on, Page X+2 is displayed, not the intended Page X+1, thus requiring a tap to the previous page before continuing with reading.

This bug is present in Alita's original Android 6, after the update to Android 8.1, and with all subsequent updates. It is intermittent, perhaps arising every hour or so.
Update: Having just installed the 3.02 update, I am testing to confirm that the above described anomaly is resolved. So far so good.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:22 AM   #461
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
I've had the Alita a while now and have been pretty scathing about its capabilities and value for money. Finally with nothing better to do I "upgraded" to 8.1. Early days I suppose but I'm not seeing any big benefits. The native Boyue reading app remains just as useless as I remember. I'd advise forgetting about it and trying some of the recommended reading apps readily available to download for free in the GooglePlay store. You will then get a decent reading experience fairly easily. I will have a closer look at the Boyue reading app but for the moment I've had enough excitement with the Android update.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:01 AM   #462
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Quote:
Update: Having just installed the 3.02 update, I am testing to confirm that the above described anomaly is resolved. So far so good.
I don't think so. I read some manga on my Tachiyomi app yesterday before bedtime and I could swear it happened again to me or maybe I was just too far gone and imagined things lol. But will be on the lookout for it when/if it happens again to confirm it 100%.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:00 AM   #463
squiresque
Enthusiast

Quote:
And although there does seem to be some improved behavior, my garbled page anomaly persists. See picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210126_055347 Garbled Page still in 3-02 Update.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	184975  
Old 01-26-2021, 06:02 AM   #464
squiresque
Enthusiast

Quote:
I don't think so. I read some manga on my Tachiyomi app yesterday before bedtime and I could swear it happened again to me or maybe I was just too far gone and imagined things lol. But will be on the lookout for it when/if it happens again to confirm it 100%.
Agree and confirmed. See the picture I provided. The Garbled Page Anomaly Persists unfixed by the update 3.02.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:12 AM   #465
squiresque
Enthusiast

Quote:
Update: The 3.02 update did not fix the garbled page anomaly. See picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210126_055347 Garbled Page still in 3-02 Update.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	184976