Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
wah fun
wah fun began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for pc
Image error in mobi2mobi gui v.11

I am new to this so I may be asking a question that should have an obvious answer. However, after googling for an answer, it seems that I am not alone with my problem. Here it is. How do I correct the following error when doing a mobi to mobi convert:

FIRST IMG Record Id: 434
ERROR: Record 438 - Image data size definitely too large: 102268

The ultimate problem I am trying to fix is the displaying of the generic blue book cover in the kindle for pc library. I have read that removing the ASIN fixes that. And, on some of my books it has. However I have one book on which I get the above error.

thx 4 ur hlp
wah fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You're much more likely to get help if you ask in the right place. Mobi questions belong in the Mobi forum. Moved.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Best try the Mobi2Mobi-Gui stickied thread in the Mobi subforum.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21763

(and note that the latest version is 0.13)
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
If you just want to delete the ASIN, you could also use Java Mobi Metadata Editor.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:46 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I would hazard a guess that the "image size too large" stems from the fact that "Kindlegen" can now handle images up to 128kb in size, whereas older version of "Mobipocket Creator" were restricted to 64kb.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert