Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
Secret Coyote
Secret Coyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite with Wi-Fi
Post Dvorak Keyboard on Paperwhite

I use the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard, and was wondering if anyone knows of a hack to use it on the Paperwhite. That, or some way to create custom keyboard layouts for the Paperwhite.
Secret Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
this may help : russian keyboard hack
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
Secret Coyote

I'm having trouble determining what this is actually saying.
Google Translate didn't do a very good job. Also, it has no downloads or anything.

Thanks anyway, though.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:52 AM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Coyote View Post
I'm having trouble determining what this is actually saying.
it is about :
Quote:
Russian and Ukrainian keyboard for Paperwhite (firmware 5.2.0-5.3.6) and Kindle Touch (firmware 5.3.2)
Spoiler:

Quote:
Google Translate didn't do a very good job. Also, it has no downloads or anything.
links are on this part:
Quote:
Download version 0.9: Russian / Ukrainian
Old 06-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
Secret Coyote

Ah.
Should have looked a little more closely.
Thanks, I'll look into that.
Advert
Old 06-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Ah.
Should have looked a little more closely.
Thanks, I'll look into that.
Some comments like this and this one could help also.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
Secret Coyote

I looked through the mod. I think I'm just out of my league here. I mean, it's a straightforward install, but changing the layout itself is proving difficult.
I dug around in the files a bit, and found the keymap files. I went through and changed each instance of one of the Ukranian letters to an apostrophe, just to see if I could change anything. I went through with the install, but nothing was different. I just have a Ukranian keyboard option now.

Tags
dvorak, keyboard, paperwhite