Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-01-2017, 06:13 PM   #151
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ok, no Instant Pot here, but I disagree about rice! It definitely should be a little sticky. I despise Minute Rice for this reason. Riceland is one of my favorite brands.

I have one of those $20 rice cookers and love using it.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:21 PM   #152
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Well now, I guess the next time, Riceland comes up free with purchase, I will be the deciding vote.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:49 PM   #153
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
So... My IP arrived the day after I fell and broke my leg and dislocated my ankle. Have a stovetop PC that I love, but I'm slowly falling in love with the IP. Almost perfect soft-boiled eggs in 6 minutes under low pressure. I've done a rice dish that turned out very good. Got a braised chicken breast in marinara that I'm trying next.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:56 PM   #154
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You are why we didn't bother grabbing their brown rice last week. It would have been free with the fish we purchased.
You can always take it and donate it or give it to someone. Someone is always doing a food drive somewhere.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:04 PM   #155
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
So... My IP arrived the day after I fell and broke my leg and dislocated my ankle. Have a stovetop PC that I love, but I'm slowly falling in love with the IP. Almost perfect soft-boiled eggs in 6 minutes under low pressure. I've done a rice dish that turned out very good. Got a braised chicken breast in marinara that I'm trying next.
Oh, Jerry, what a shame. Here's hoping for a rapid recovery!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #156
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You can always take it and donate it or give it to someone. Someone is always doing a food drive somewhere.
I hadn't thought of that. Sad thing is I know Catholic Charities gives away food Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays and I hadn't thought about grabbing the freebies and then donating them.
A person can get food there every 15 days. No proof of income required. Just an ID and a bill in your name.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:41 PM   #157
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I hadn't thought of that. Sad thing is I know Catholic Charities gives away food Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays and I hadn't thought about grabbing the freebies and then donating them.
A person can get food there every 15 days. No proof of income required. Just an ID and a bill in your name.
Sounds perfect. No red tape like here the food banks expect me to prove my husband isn't working. They want a letter on his last place of work on company stationary stating the date of his last day of work. Ain't gonna happen...no siree.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 02-01-2017, 09:20 PM   #158
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Sounds perfect. No red tape like here the food banks expect me to prove my husband isn't working. They want a letter on his last place of work on company stationary stating the date of his last day of work. Ain't gonna happen...no siree.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom,
Click here:
https://www.ccstl.org

You do have a Catholic Charities.
Quit going through the food banks.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:56 PM   #159
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
These are FREE today:

Instant Pot Cookbook: 101 Healthy and Easy Instant Pot Recipes For Your Pressure Cooker

Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook: Healthy Vegan Instant Pot Recipes For Your Pressure Cooker
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:08 AM   #160
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Did I tell you of my last meal I tried to cook with the pressure cooker?

I made the same thing I posted as my second meal in this thread but this time I use macaroni instead of egg noodles. Big mistake! It was like a volcano of sauce everywhere when I opened the vent. It filled the condenser cup and went all over the table. It was a huge mess! I threw a towel over it but it still went everywhere.

I asked on Facebook what happened and got yelled at. That one group is rude. I did not overfill the cooker. I never fill it even half way. I made this meal several times with different Noodles. It had to be the macaroni.

I wound up spooning it out into a casserole dish and cooking it the rest of the way in the oven. I haven't used the cooker since.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 03-01-2017, 12:21 AM   #161
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Did I tell you of my last meal I tried to cook with the pressure cooker?

I made the same thing I posted as my second meal in this thread but this time I use macaroni instead of egg noodles. Big mistake! It was like a volcano of sauce everywhere when I opened the vent. It filled the condenser cup and went all over the table. It was a huge mess! I threw a towel over it but it still went everywhere.

I asked on Facebook what happened and got yelled at. That one group is rude. I did not overfill the cooker. I never fill it even half way. I made this meal several times with different Noodles. It had to be the macaroni.

I wound up spooning it out into a casserole dish and cooking it the rest of the way in the oven. I haven't used the cooker since.

Sent from my XT1528
Was it tomato sauce based? I don't know why but it sometimes forms air bubbles and sauce goes everywhere. No pasta or pressure needed. I've made volcano sauce more than once. Though yes since the macaroni has holes, that could be part of the problem.
I'm glad you weren't hurt.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:36 AM   #162
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Was it tomato sauce based? I don't know why but it sometimes forms air bubbles and sauce goes everywhere. No pasta or pressure needed. I've made volcano sauce more than once. Though yes since the macaroni has holes, that could be part of the problem.
I'm glad you weren't hurt.
No cream sauce based. The holes are a good point. I've made it with egg noodles, bow tie but never with macaroni. I guess I won't try Penne in it either.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 03-06-2017, 04:48 AM   #163
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Interesting article about the Instant Pot on the BBC website today.

How the Instant Pot cooker developed a cult following
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #164
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Instant Pot has several new accessories:
Old 05-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #165
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

The new 6 Qt. Instant Pot IP-DUO Plus60 9-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker is on sale today for $99.99 (regular price $119.95).

This model has a blue LCD screen and these function buttons: soup/broth, meat/stew, beans/chili, slow cook, sauté, rice, multigrain, porridge, steam, sterilize, yogurt, pressure cook, cake, and egg.

Another new model, the 6 Qt. Instant Pot 120V Ultra Electric Pressure Cooker, will be shipping within the next few months. It's priced at $149.95.