Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-23-2019, 06:01 AM   #1
zorrodee666
zorrodee666 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd Edition
PDF is being compressed when being sent to Kobo device.

Hi,
I'm trying to send PDF's (that are made of images only) to my Kobo device with Calibre Wireless connection. I drag the PDF into Calibre and then send to device in Koreader latest version. In my Kobo Aura 2nd Edition the file size has changed. Also sometimes I get blank pages later in the PDF.

If I copy th PDF directly using the USB wire it works fine. How do I turn off the compression when sending with Calibre?
zorrodee666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorrodee666 View Post
Hi,
I'm trying to send PDF's (that are made of images only) to my Kobo device with Calibre Wireless connection. I drag the PDF into Calibre and then send to device in Koreader latest version. In my Kobo Aura 2nd Edition the file size has changed. Also sometimes I get blank pages later in the PDF.

If I copy th PDF directly using the USB wire it works fine. How do I turn off the compression when sending with Calibre?
How are you doing this? To my knowledge, CC does not run on any Kobo device. If you are using koreader then you need to ask there.

And in any event, CC doesn't touch the contents of book files.

EDIT: I reread your post and you are using koreader. As I said above, you need to ask there if it does anything with the transferred files. You could also ask in the calibre forum about the effects of metadata updates in files transferred to devices. The "wireless device" has no control over that.

EDIT 2: you say if you transfer by cable then the problem does not occur. Are you using calibre to do that transfer, or are you copying the file by hand? If you are copying by hand then you are avoiding calibre's automatic metadata update.

Last edited by chaley; 03-24-2019 at 05:40 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:15 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
seeing blank pages in large pdf on readers is often because the renderer cannot keep up with scrolling. you have to scroll S L O W L Y or wait for the device app to catch up. a slow PC can also show that symptom , on a complex PDF

file size changes ( small) may be down to how different devices choose to display them - quote the numbers you see. or maybe the transfer did not complete because tour wifi dropped, though that would usually lead to a corrupted file
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote