Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-27-2021, 09:21 PM   #1
wroane
Enthusiast
wroane began at the beginning.

Device: First 3 Kindles, H2O, Last 3 years Kobo Aura One
Windows 11 compatibility?

I just updated to Win11 and I can't get Calibre to even open on my PC. I've restarted a couple of times so far, any suggestions?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Edit: Apparently the third time was the charm. Loaded with no problem.

Last edited by wroane; 09-27-2021 at 09:41 PM.
wroane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:16 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wroane View Post
I just updated to Win11 and I can't get Calibre to even open on my PC. I've restarted a couple of times so far, any suggestions?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Edit: Apparently the third time was the charm. Loaded with no problem.
I'm running calibre under the preview releases of Win11 Pro and haven't seen that issue. Which version are you running?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winver_21h2.png
Views:	160
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	189427  

Last edited by DNSB; 09-28-2021 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Added Win 11 Pro to version
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2021, 01:38 PM   #3
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Windows 11 hasn't been released yet, the official version, whatever that means. So you're being a pioneer with your pre-release. You know the saying about identifying who the pioneers are? They're the ones with arrows sticking out of their backs.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:22 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
Windows 11 hasn't been released yet, the official version, whatever that means. So you're being a pioneer with your pre-release. You know the saying about identifying who the pioneers are? They're the ones with arrows sticking out of their backs.
Life on the bleeding edge is so much fun though...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:19 AM   #5
KoopaOne
Austrian Bookworm
KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4
Works completely normal with my release version of windows 11.
KoopaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2021, 03:47 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm having a problem under Windows 11. Some of the fonts that worked with the editor preview don't work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 04:06 PM   #7
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Calibre works great for me under Win 11. I use it on my Surface Pro and have not had any problems so far.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 04:22 PM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Works on my Surface Book 2 too. My main laptop (Dell) is still on Windows 10 and will remain for a while (until MS has fixed the taskbar and start menu issues and I won't have to use 3rd party apps any more).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 10:41 PM   #9
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
... Some of the fonts that worked with the editor preview don't work.
Explain?
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote