Notices

Old 06-18-2021, 04:38 AM   #1546
zaroz
zaroz began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Thumbs up Remote push/Sync

Quote:
Originally Posted by telemetrics View Post
A good idea will be to use FTP/HTTP/GoogleDocs as a Collaboration / Archieve / Remote storage. Everytime a file is added locally Caliber should queue up an upload to the Archieve / Collab location. And also Caliber should monitor the Remote Storage perodically and automatically queue a download. These should be seemless experience to the user.
I would like to see something like this as well. Right now, in order to manager my calibre library on my laptop and still host it when the laptop is off, I'm using git to push changes...
zaroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 04:50 PM   #1547
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Proofreader plug-in?

Perhaps somebody could write a plug-in linking Calibre's Viewer with the Editor. The idea is that when you find a typo while reading you hilite it, invoke the plug-in, and it loads the book into Editor with focus on the hilited word.

Updating the Viewer with the revised version when you close Editor would be optional-I can see possible problems doing that. (E.g. how do you return to the same place if you've deleted the word?)
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 06:37 PM   #1548
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
Perhaps somebody could write a plug-in linking Calibre's Viewer with the Editor. The idea is that when you find a typo while reading you hilite it, invoke the plug-in, and it loads the book into Editor with focus on the hilited word.

Updating the Viewer with the revised version when you close Editor would be optional-I can see possible problems doing that. (E.g. how do you return to the same place if you've deleted the word?)
I don't think the Viewer supports plugins - yet

IMO rather than dodging back and forth between viewer and editor it would be better to have an option in the Editor Preview panel to show text that had already been highlighted in the Viewer. The Editor does support plugins, but I'm not sure if a Editor plugin could alter the behaviour of Preview.

An alternative might be to use Sigil/PageEdit - PageEdit is Sigil's companion WYSIWYG EPUB editor - its primary usage is making content changes when proof reading.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-06-2021 at 09:41 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:54 PM   #1549
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The alternative would be for the editor to be able to handle annotations made in the viewer. Then, you could mark the error in the viewer and make all the changes in the editor in a single session.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 08:43 PM   #1550
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post

I use a reader for android (moon reader) and it has a name replacement function.
That handles it as if it were a synonymous list
Example:
If the text says Caliber but it should say Calibre
One manually creates a list Caliber = Calibre
Therefore, when the word Caliber appears, the reader will recognize that he must read or pronounce Calibre.
As you can see in the sect place the text says "Bienvengana" which is what the book said, when in fact it should say "Bienvenida"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2021-07-07_21-47-53.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	188078  

Last edited by dunhill; 07-07-2021 at 08:53 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:14 PM   #1551
Guyverix
Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Kindle App
I have been looking for some kind of database to filesystem validator. Has anyone seen a plugin or some way to basically confirm that every book that is on the filesystem is existing inside the Calibre database? I have been running Calibre since 0.8, and I wonder if it has missed anything over time with all the updates and the moving books between libraries etc..

Basic searches of plugins is not showing what I am looking for, but might be my search criteria. Any chance anybody knows off the top of their head if such a plugin actually exists?
Guyverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:20 PM   #1552
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Have you tried the Library Maintenance functions? Click on the Library icon, click on Library Maintenance and then Check Library. No plugin needed.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 01:38 AM   #1553
Guyverix
Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Have you tried the Library Maintenance functions? Click on the Library icon, click on Library Maintenance and then Check Library. No plugin needed.
I have done that a couple of times, but was under the impression it was from the other direction. Make sure that the books that were in the database exist on the filesystem. I wanted to verify the other direction and make sure every book on my filesystem exists in the database.

I will poke at the maintenance functions again and see if I misunderstood how it works or if it is possible to reverse the validation.
Guyverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 02:31 AM   #1554
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyverix View Post
I have done that a couple of times, but was under the impression it was from the other direction. Make sure that the books that were in the database exist on the filesystem. I wanted to verify the other direction and make sure every book on my filesystem exists in the database.

I will poke at the maintenance functions again and see if I misunderstood how it works or if it is possible to reverse the validation.
It checks both ways, as described in the Help text

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-16 162648.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	371.0 KB
ID:	188210

You won't see the above if there are no mismatches, instead you'll see this:

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-16 164742.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	188211

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-16-2021 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Add second para
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:57 PM   #1555
razorsoup
Enthusiast
razorsoup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Is there a plugin for getting metadata from openlibrary.com? It looks like it's fairly easy to get results from the site as a json response so I'd imagine that would make it fairly simple to parse. Unfortunately, I don't really even know where to begin on writing it myself.
razorsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:02 PM   #1556
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsoup View Post
Is there a plugin for getting metadata from openlibrary.com? It looks like it's fairly easy to get results from the site as a json response so I'd imagine that would make it fairly simple to parse. Unfortunately, I don't really even know where to begin on writing it myself.
Openlibrary is a built in metadata source.
Preferences: metadata downloads is where you configure priority an use
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:07 PM   #1557
razorsoup
Enthusiast
razorsoup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Openlibrary is a built in metadata source.
Preferences: metadata downloads is where you configure priority an use

Isn't that built in source only for downloading covers? I'm talking about getting metadata from them, eg comment, publish date, tags, etc.
razorsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:29 PM   #1558
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsoup View Post
Isn't that built in source only for downloading covers? I'm talking about getting metadata from them, eg comment, publish date, tags, etc.
My bad. You are correct
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 11:39 AM   #1559
Madame X
Madame X began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3
Hello! I've been using Calibre for years and I want to thank everyone working on it.
I registered because I have an idea for a plugin and I don't think it's been already discussed. I had it because I've got at least one series of pulp books that's 200 books long and it bloats up my shelf view, it's just bad.

So the idea would be to be able to regroup books in the cover grid layout.

So that, instead of this

we'd see something like this for example

and by clicking on the series thumbnail, we'd get a GUI window to select which book we want (just like the manage Series plugin)

What do y'all think?

Last edited by Madame X; 08-04-2021 at 11:42 AM.
Madame X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:19 AM   #1560
zaroz
zaroz began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
A Plugin to Share tags in a column between all books of same series

I use several tags to represent genres and unfortunately, metadata search doesn't find genres for most of my books (from amazon). It can get very tedious entering in several dozen tags for every book...
Anyways, since a series of books will typically have the same genres throughout, it would be great if tags in certain columns would get appended to all books that share a series with the selected book when the plugin is run.

I tried making something with action chains, but just ended up with a headache. If someone has a working chain that does this, please share!

Last edited by zaroz; 10-06-2021 at 05:21 AM. Reason: added request for action chain
zaroz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development