Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-24-2014, 06:32 AM   #1
scottveron
scottveron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Exclamation Qt apps for Kindle Paperwhite

Hello and thanks for opening this thread!
I have the sourcecode of a program written on C++ using Qt library.
I know it is possible to compile it for Kindle Paperwhite, but I can't seem to find a way.
Should I compile it using scratchbox with a specific toolchain?
Please, help me, because I have a very interesting project in my mind that I would like to create and share with you guys!
Any advices/links and topics which would help me get started are greatly appreciated!
P.S. the more detailed, the better, because I am new into this.
Thanks in advance!
scottveron.
scottveron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #2
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
With a lot of help I got kcheckers working:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223759
kckeckers is in QT where I changed the title to make it show up.

I have a separate Debian ARM partition that I chroot into using qemu. I can apt-get what I need easily this way. twobob and many others do the compiling other ways - twobob has an image to mount that you can mount on the kindle and do the work from there.

You should be able to search many examples of how to compile.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Keeping in mind that C++ is far from the friendlier thing to tackle as a first foray into cross-compiling .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, c++, kindle, paperwhite, qt library