Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-16-2018, 10:23 PM   #1
fincab
fincab began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Can't stop auto-rotation

Hi everyone:

I'm trying to convert a pdf file to mobi. The furthest I've gotten toward something acceptable is to paste the pdf into a Word document, save it as a docx file, and then use Calibre to convert it to mobi. It looks great, except the pdf always comes out rotated in the mobi file. The docx file is in portrait even though some of the writing in the pdf is landscape. That's how I want it. The idea is that when viewing the file on my Kindle, I'll just rotate the the kindle and the file will read correctly. But since Calibre rotates the image it shrinks it to fit in portrait orientation and then it's hard to read.

I hope I've made the issue clear rather than hard to follow.

Thanks for your help.
fincab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2018, 11:15 PM   #3
fincab
fincab began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I guess I was more confusing than I thought. I have Calibre. It is Calibre that is rotating the page,
fincab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:32 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes but in order to know whythe image is being rotated, I need acces to the data described in the link I sent you earlier
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote