Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-16-2021, 09:25 PM   #16
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
i do not find issues with ipad Air 4 but then again I do not use it for spreadsheets... etc but it is super fast. It takes me a day and a half to download all my stuff on the ipad pro 2018 but maybe 2 hours on the Air. I have almost 7,000 songs, 1,500 ebooks amd my movies about 200 GB total downloads fast!

I do not need the ipad pro 2021 capabilities but I do need more storage, I would love an iPad air with the 512 GB storage. if that never comes to pass I may move to a pro version in two years.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 01:42 PM   #17
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
My iPad mini 5 is so good - I'm afraid I won't have a need to upgrade to the new iPad mini 6
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2021, 08:41 PM   #18
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
My iPad mini 5 is so good - I'm afraid I won't have a need to upgrade to the new iPad mini 6
I agree. The only way I will upgrade is if they change out the lightning port for the usb- c. After not quite a year I'm already having trouble plugging it in.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 09:06 PM   #19
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I agree. The only way I will upgrade is if they change out the lightning port for the usb- c. After not quite a year I'm already having trouble plugging it in.
Rumors are it's getting a redesign similar to the Air 4. A larger display while maintaining the small form factor would be quite attractive to me.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 07:58 PM   #20
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Considering how off the rumors were for WWDC 2021, I wouldn’t put much stake in them. Anyone with a guess is putting out rumors as though they had top secret information. MacRumors needs to be renamed MacGuesses.

It took several years between the mini 4 and the mini 5, and many people thought the mini line was dead after the 4 went so long without an update. I will be surprised if Apple brings out a mini 6 this year, but you never know.

I was really excited about my iPad Air 2020, especially after the new iPad Pros were released in 2021, but then Apple took a dump on any hopes I had of their finally updating iPadOS to be a powerful computing platform. Apple made it clear with WWDC 2021 that they plan to keep the iPadOS lackluster to make the iPads little more than fast, expensive, entertainment toys. Apple doesn’t seem to want to create anything beyond a video/media player. That is a-shame as an iPad with a great iPadOS would be a very powerful computing platform for tasks like video editing, photo editing, spreadsheets creation, etc. The newest iPads have plenty of horsepower, but iPadOS is a total joke.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2021, 11:01 AM   #21
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Well, at least the app RAM limit will be lifted for the M1 devices. That should make it possible for more heavy duty applications. Of course app developers need to do the work to take advantage of it.

https://www.techspot.com/news/90211-...limit-ios.html
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:34 PM   #22
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I have an Air 3 but I’m increasingly disappointed with it. It has a bright spot about an inch up from the Home button, and lately, its been very resistant to responding to pokes and prods with fingers, and sometimes just refuses to scroll. Time to move it on an reconsider options. I’ll probably go Mini.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:17 PM   #23
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I have an Air 3 but I’m increasingly disappointed with it. It has a bright spot about an inch up from the Home button, and lately, its been very resistant to responding to pokes and prods with fingers, and sometimes just refuses to scroll. Time to move it on an reconsider options. I’ll probably go Mini.
Sadly, a common problem with the 10.5" iPads (Pro 10.5 & Air 3) so likely a design flaw.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:56 PM   #24
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Try using a touch pen and see if it is better. Do you live where the humidity is low? It may be you fingers are to dry. I see this every once in a while on my older iPad.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 06:14 PM   #25
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Try using a touch pen and see if it is better. Do you live where the humidity is low? It may be you fingers are to dry. I see this every once in a while on my older iPad.
Great idea, thanks. Yes its pretty dry in the house. winter in Eastern Australia and I have the heating on a lot of the time.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 04:04 PM   #26
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I find I like the stylus pen on my samsung S7 better than the Apple pencil. I hope apple comes out with a thinner pen and is more left handed friendly. I can not do the tap gestures (or whatever you call it) on the apple pencil for some reason with my left
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 10:26 AM   #27
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use a Logitech Crayon on my mini a lot. I like the flat shape, doesn’t roll off a table, etc.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:26 AM   #28
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I use a Logitech Crayon on my mini a lot. I like the flat shape, doesn’t roll off a table, etc.
It took me a moment before my brain solved the conundrum of why you'd be afraid of your iPad Mini rolling off the table.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 04:17 PM   #29
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
It took me a moment before my brain solved the conundrum of why you'd be afraid of your iPad Mini rolling off the table.
Yes. Apple Pencil (and at least some other styluses) have a penchant for rolling onto the floor if you lay them on a table, since they are smooth cylinders. Crayon also charges directly with Lightning cable, which is more than Pencil 1 can do without an adapter.

Last edited by tomsem; 09-07-2021 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:31 PM   #30
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Yes. Apple Pencil (and at least some other styluses) have a penchant for rolling onto the floor if you lay them on a table, since they are smooth cylinders. They also charge directly with Lightning cable, which is more than Pencil 1 can do without an adapter.
Best thing is the Crayon is compatible with all 2018 iPads and newer. Also, no pairing required so you can easily swap between multiple iPads seamlessly.