Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Any interest in helping set up free book browsing site?

One of the many problems people have had with Project Gutenberg is in wading through the huge mass of it to find the good stuff. I have been tagging my personal reads in Delicious and just discovered the notes field where you can put in a summary. I think it would be great to set up a book index in a site like this where people can browse by tag and see not just a list of 100,000 titles, but actual sub-categories and a little two-line synopsis of what the book is about.

I know people here are better read in the classics than I am though and am wondering if anyone would be interested in helping. I could set up the account and then post what the user name and password is, then anyone here could add a book---just bookmark it in the Delicious account, add as many tags as you can to help categorize it for easy browsing, and add a capsule summary so people browsing by tag can know what the book is about.

What do you think? Good idea? Or is there a better way to make THIS idea work? I just find that, great though Feedbooks/Manybooks/Gutenberg are in terms of number of titles, it's hard to browse because you get too many results per category and there is no easy way to narrow your search to a more specific sub-category.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote