Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #151
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
How can I toggle my Spanish translation? When I installed 0.9.2 today, the menu was still displayed in English.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #152
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360
Logseman
FBReader ask system for current language and load appropriate resource.
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #153
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
I will install 0.9.2 and check it out; back button compatibility was a dealbreaker for 0.9.0.

I need to look around for pagebreak CSS recipes, too.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #154
crangirl
Connoisseur
crangirl doesn't littercrangirl doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360
A quick (newbie) question:

is it 'safe' to install this latest version (PB 360).
Is is stable?

(Or is it different from firmware.. and always stable? ).
crangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:33 AM   #155
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangirl View Post
A quick (newbie) question:

is it 'safe' to install this latest version (PB 360).
Is is stable?

(Or is it different from firmware.. and always stable? ).
The FBReader SDK is from 14.2 in the moment, so if u have 14.2 firmware installed give 0.92 a go. Should be no problem.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 02:56 AM   #156
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360
crangirl
It's safe. Besides, you can install it with possibility to choose FBReader version to be used. And of course you can always remove it.
It's as stable as firmware FBReader is.

Although I use 14.2 SDK, found incompatibilities with 15.1/15.2 firmware were fixed in last versions.
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:56 AM   #157
crangirl
Connoisseur

I'll use the latest version and see how it works out. Thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #158
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Let me join the chorus. I'm lost in configuration options and loving it!

I'm lost in configuration options .... I don't have any !!!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #159
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayNM View Post
Version 0.9.2

* "Back" button for 302 should work correctly

Test on PB302, please.
Tested, and the results are Pure EReader Bliss! I have not seen any issues with this build at all. The 'back' button mapped to 'next page' works perfectly.

Thank You!
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #160
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I'm lost in configuration options .... I don't have any !!!!!
Okay, Geoff, let's give you a little walkthrough:

You download grays fbreader 9.2
Then you copy the fbreader.app and paste it into system/bin
Then you copy the share folder and paste that into the system folder
Then you unzip the extensions.zip you just downloaded into system/config
You eject your 302
Now open an unDRMed ePub file
Open the Quick Menu by touching the midst of your screen
Open Configuration menu (crossed tools)
Get crazy! (there are two main screen and a lot of subscreens for your configuration pleasure)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:58 AM   #161
crangirl
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by crangirl View Post
I'll use the latest version and see how it works out. Thanks
I recieved my PB360 (bought from the fleamarket ).

It had 14.2 on it, so I left that. I installed the new FBReader and some dictionaries, and the ADE(hack). All works great.

But when I try to save a note, whole page (one click).. it freezes! It does save the note (not a screenshot btw; a note!), but gets unresponsive.. (I have to use the two big buttons to get out).

Does anyone know about this? Will this be fixed if I will upgrade to 15.2 later (when it's stable?).

Edit: I see now that it saves the page as .bmp, so it is a screen shot after all, I guess.

How can I use the .bmp/.html in text files on the pc?

Thanks in advance,
Crangirl

Last edited by crangirl; 06-11-2010 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #162
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Okay, Geoff, let's give you a little walkthrough:

You download grays fbreader 9.2
Done
Quote:
Then you copy the fbreader.app and paste it into system/bin
Renamed Done

Quote:
Then you copy the share folder and paste that into the system folder
Then you unzip the extensions.zip you just downloaded into system/config
That's me lost ....

This is what was said in the first post

"It's here

http://code.google.com/p/fbreader-po...76_fbreader180

Just paste it in your system/bin! If you don't like it, just remove it from there! Don't forget to give SFF some HUGE K!"

Which is probably not quite correct ?, there is more to the process than just pasting the download ... ?

Last edited by GeoffC; 06-11-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #163
GeoffC

Okay ...

after more thought ...

FBReader.app downloaded to system/bin
share folder copied to system
extensions.cfg to system/config

My choice ePub book is "Three Men in a Boat" cos it's good and brilliantly formatted.

Configuration menu now has more options (yeh!) as designed. Page turn on wrist twist not working (yet) ...

Bear with me longer and I'll crack it (I hope) ....

(Still no info on FBReader given in the information box .... )
Old 06-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #164
GeoffC

Now Sorted ... Thanks
Old 07-05-2010, 04:10 AM   #165
Saille
Saille began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 302
I installed the latest version of fbreader180 on my pocketbook 302, I like all the possibilities, but a problem is that I can't configure other buttons to "next page" anymore, not the back button but also not the side button (which I programmed first for "dictionary"which works fine, but I cannot anymore program it back to "next page"). This is a pity, otherwise it works fine (although it is not meant for the 302)
Saille is offline   Reply With Quote