Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Adobe DRM Question

I'm not sure where to post this, since it expands past just for the Sony Reader but I had a general question regarding Adobe's DRM.

Has anyone used up the alloted number of allowed registrations for Digital Editions? If so, is there a process of being able to register more computers or readers to it and what exactly would that process be.

I know for the Sony Library you can deauthorize a device via the software or by phone to gain back the registration but I'm not sure how that works for Adobe. Also, does Adobe offer a way for the user to see how many authroziation's are still left, like the Sony software does under account management?

I'm just a bit worried because I had computer problems, which was resolved with a few reformats of the computer and I authroized the software several times.

Thanks!
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Yes you can un-authorise a device. Naturally for ease of use, it is an undocumented command...

For the PC I cannot say, but for the MAC, (from Adobe):

"...As you have stated that you want to
unauthorise the Adobe Digital
Edition on your Pc. I would request you to
follow the below mentioned
troubleshooting steps to de-authorize a
machine :
1.Launch Adobe Digital Edition.
2. Enter the unpublished key-combination of
Cmd-Shift-D (Mac OS X).
3.At the dialog, confirm that you wish to deactivate
the machine
4.Quit Digital Editions
To reactivate and authorize the machine using
the same or a new AdobeID,
just relaunch Digital Editions. You will be
prompted to activate."...

I would guess on the PC it is the CTRL key and shift D.

I just emailed Adobe support and they sent me the above. Quite why it isn't identified in the help or other commands I have no idea.

As for the Sony itself, I can't recall, but isn't it shown in the library software help files somewhere?
regards
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
According to the ADE FAQ you're also supposed to be able to contact support and get your maximum activations increased too.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Also, I believe to de-authorize a device for Adobe-DRM in windows you need to have Adobe Digital Editions running and enter the key sequence "ctrl-shift-e". If you're trying to de-authorize a reader, the reader needs to be connected when you do this.

I have not done this personally, so no guarantees!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
rwe
Enthusiast
rwe began at the beginning.

Device: ipod sony
determine number of registrations??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
I'm not sure where to post this, since it expands past just for the Sony Reader but I had a general question regarding Adobe's DRM.
Is there a way to see which computers or readers are registered?

I seem to remember i also had to register my sony and i have send it back some time ago.
rwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
JohnDeere125
JohnDeere125 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
On a PC - "Control-Shift D" in ADE will allow you to deauthorize ADE on that machine. If you have enough phone patience, the ADE help desk will quickly take care of exceeding the base number of authorizations from their end. You can then re-authorize only the machines you are currently using. I successfully had to do both.
JohnDeere125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #7
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
How can I de-authorize from ADE a Windows PC that died and obviously cannot be the PC that handles the de-authorization?

In other words, how can I de-authorize the old PC using a new PC?

Thanks!
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
You can't deauthorize the old from the new. Contact Adobe help support. Or, if it is one that was registered to Sony & still shows up in your account list in Reader Library, then you can contact the Sony help desk instead.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #9
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
if it is one that was registered to Sony & still shows up in your account list in Reader Library, then you can contact the Sony help desk instead.
B, Thanks!

I de-authorized the dying PC from Sony Reader Library before it met its demise.

Does it still have to be de-authorized from ADE?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
B, Thanks!

I de-authorized the dying PC from Sony Reader Library before it met its demise.

Does it still have to be de-authorized from ADE?
I think so. If you ever get an error that you reached your limit, then you can always call Adobe at that time. Sony can also help you too. There is some information here:
http://ebooks.custhelp.com/app/answe...aw%3D%3D/sno/0

There's not much specific info in the FAQ about how to deauthorize your computer.
http://ebooks.custhelp.com/app/answe...orize/r_id/166
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote