Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Calibre Server Mismatch

Maybe this is a Stanza problem, but recently, when I add a new file to the calibre software, it is mismatched on the Calibre server when access via my iphone.

In other words, when I click on Shared Books -> Calibre -> Newest and then the new book, it opens up some other file rather than downloading the new file.

Any suggestions?
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Does restarting calibre fix it?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

No it does not. I'm using the most recent form of Calibre. I should add that the web browser listing of the calibre catalog is accurate. This is why I wonder if it is a Stanza problem.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Odd, is there a mismatch in the other ways of browsing for example By Author or By Series?
Old 10-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #5
da_jane
Evangelist

Nope, when you search by author, the mismatch still happens.

For the record, I have run the database integrity tool. Now that I look at my Calibre program closer, I see the cover of an incorrect book showing up in Calibre. So there appears to be something corrupt/wrong with my database.

Last edited by da_jane; 10-26-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Advert
Old 10-27-2009, 02:14 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Are you using two different calibre libraries with the same iphone? that will cause problems, see http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/ticket/3137
Old 10-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
da_jane
Evangelist

I saw that on a previous thread. I don't think so. I do use dropbox to synch the metadata.db file from computer to computer. The metadata.db file must be closed to synch or a duplicate (conflict) copy will appear.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

An id conflict is really the only thing that could be causing this. One thing I'd suggest is uninstalling the stanza app and re-installing it (assuming uninstalling it also removes any caches files, that should do the trick)
Old 10-28-2009, 12:43 AM   #9
da_jane
Evangelist

It was apparently some disappearing files. I am not sure how it happened but titles that had been previously imported and where in the calibrebooks folder were not showing up in the listing of calibre books. To resolve this I did the following:

1) I copied the folder of the authors books who were superimposing themselves onto the other books into another folder.
2) I then searched for the author in calibre and deleted whatever came up in a search. I then deleted the entire folder of the author in calibrebooks folder

3) I copied the folder containing the book that was being mistaken for the previous author in step 1 to a different location.
4) I deleted the book that was mismatched.

5) I added the book back in.

This worked to clean up my mismatch.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:48 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

For the future you can also just go to Preferences->Advanced and click check database integrity to find missing files.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #11
da_jane
Evangelist

I did check the DB integrity a couple of times, but it never picked these files up.