Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 06-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Laptop Memory, HDD & Screen for sale!

I had hoped that my laptop was going to be reparable but it turns out the mother board has died. It no longer makes sense ($$$) to repair it so I thought I would list a few of the still good and usable parts that may help another.

~~~1. I have a dell laptop, inspiron 6400 (infamous for bad mobo's I have found out), screen for sale. The service tech tells me that it will work perfectly well. I have no way of testing it but I am assured it will work. With the screen you get the laptop case and dead mobo. You will have the dvd rw drive the touch pad and keyboard. You will not have the Ram/Memory or HDD. For this I will just take offers as I imagine it's value is only based on someone with a compatible laptop with a dead screen.

~~~2. I have a 120gb SATA laptop hard drive for sale. It is a western digital wd1200bevs. Guaranteed working as I tested it in my PC. Picture available if needed. Asking $50 obo.

~~~3. I have 2x Samsung 1gb DDR2 SDRam for sale. As with monitor service tech said they are both working but I have no way to test. Photo Available if needed. Asking $20/each.

Shipping not included. I am in Canada and don't see shipping to be a problem for out of country. We can discuss shipping if you are interested. If you have any questions just drop on by or send me a pm. I am online daily so I should respond quickly.

Mike

Last edited by mklynds; 06-08-2009 at 02:17 PM.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:33 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklynds View Post
I have a dell Laptop (infamous for bad mobo's I have found out)
There. I fixed that sentence for you

a new 160 gig 2.5 inch Sata is 55 Shipped New (10 bucks less when it goes on sale) so that drive might be a few bucks over priced.

Of course my Numbers are in USD. if yours are in Cad, then the prices are probably fair.

I dobut you will get many bites here. Make sure you securely wipe that HD using a free utility you can get online just for that purpose.

try ebay.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Thanks Andybaby. I did use a disc cleaner utility that I have on my pc so I am sure it is thoroughly wiped. And the prices are Canadian currency and open to negotiation. If no one here wants any of the items I will ebay them after a week or two. Again thanks for the tips Andybaby.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Maybe you want to consider getting an enclosure for that hard drive so that you can use it as external portable storage. That's what I do with my old drives (desktop and laptop).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote